Motorbike Handlebar Height.

trogedon, Nov 26, 6:56am
Is there a maximum height for them!

gammelvind, Nov 26, 7:07am
1cm higher than you can reach!

supernova2, Nov 26, 7:24am
Probably not as it would depend on each individualriders arm length.If rider is a knuckle dragging trioll for example height could be perhaps 3 meters.If rider is little man (of jackass fame) then perhapos half a meter.

Guess its whatever you like as long as its not a dangerous fitmitment.

kaymay88, Nov 26, 9:26am
no set max I am aware of, but remember more length, more flex if its apehangers you are looking at

nzdoug, Nov 26, 5:34pm
Cable friction can make for sticky sloppy movement so this can be a limiting factor.

kazbanz, Nov 26, 7:37pm
Troggy I know what you are on about.It just looks plain stupid andi have no idea how he can ride it safely

sr2, Nov 26, 8:08pm
Have to admit riding around with your hands way up in the air and your feel poking out the front in the interests of fashion looks a bit silly to me. Each to his own I suppose; at least it must save money on underarm deodorant!

trogedon, Nov 26, 9:03pm
It can't be safe to ride in 'starfish' mode & and to anyone who knows anything about motorbike handling they just look stupid and dangerous. Didn't there used to be a height limit!

pauldw, Nov 26, 9:43pm
I remember a WCC traffic officer who "tested" apehangers for flex and most broke off at the clamps.

meathead_timaru, Nov 26, 10:29pm
There should be a maximum dimension for distance from the seat - after all, it affects your ability to control the bike.