Mustang question

myst2, Nov 30, 6:57pm
Can someone settle this for me!
I have a 1965 Fairlane assembled in Wellington as an original right hand drive. I assumed that all NZ assembled Fords were converted at the factory. A mustang owner tells me that there were never right hand drive mustangs. True or false!

rob_man, Nov 30, 7:13pm
I think he may be right, Fairlanes were assembled here and Australia but Mustangs were only assembled in the US.

rob_man, Nov 30, 7:13pm
I think he may be right, Fairlanes were assembled here and Australia but Mustangs were only assembled in the US.
edit; It is worth checking out South African assembly for RHD Mustangs but I've never heard of it.

lazzo, Nov 30, 8:27pm
Don't you get RHD Mustangs in Canada!

budgel, Nov 30, 8:29pm
Why! they drive on the same side as the yanks.

lookoutas, Nov 30, 9:32pm
The Mustang owner is right.

I might add/edit:- "They always are"

rod-zone, Dec 1, 7:12am
Yup all LHD.although the 2014 mustang is being made in Korea,they are making them LHD and RHD as the USA is pretty much the only country in the world now where they drive on the wrong side of the road :)

attitudedesignz, Dec 1, 7:15am
Apart from 99% of Europe of coarse.

rod-zone, Dec 1, 7:19am
Tru.but i wouldn't have thought there are many"imports' in that part of the world as they have there own strong car manufacturers, although there are alot of old hotrods around Europe

neville48, Dec 1, 7:31am
theres right and wrong Gav and they drive on the right, theres also left and right Gav and they still drive on the right so right is right and left is wrong.its obvious Gav.

m16d, Dec 1, 7:36am
Well nev. I'm glad you sorted that for us.

theram1, Dec 1, 7:43am
Look on google 1965Mustang factory rhd images

xpfairmont, Dec 1, 8:13am
True, Fairlanes were assembled here and in Australia. They were built right hand drive not converted. Any right hand drive Mustangs you see have been converted by a third party and not original.

mopar63, Dec 1, 8:17am
I read an article recently in an Aussie mag ,it was about new Mustangs that came to Australia in the'60's ,to be sold by Ford, they were converted by Ford and sold new, rough conversion , had one in the book being restored, not sure how many there were

xpfairmont, Dec 1, 8:20am
Yes, I have an old Wheels or Modern Motor magazine from the '60s that shows one of those.

theram1, Dec 1, 8:21am
If they were converted by ford does that make them factory orginal!

rod-zone, Dec 1, 8:23am
Right Nev :).

xpfairmont, Dec 1, 8:24am
No, it makes them factory converted (in another factory on the other side of the world). ie they were a finished car, then got half pulled apart and changed around after.

theram1, Dec 1, 8:30am
seems to make sense, now off the subject do you know who built the very early fords, A or T not sure, in Australia!.

chebry, Dec 1, 8:36am
Why Ford motor Company of Geelong Victoria of course

xpfairmont, Dec 1, 8:41am
Holden, or whatever they were called before that. They then lost the contract for being to ruff, thus the Ford Motor Company of Australia was born. Australian Model T's also came in other colours other than black.

theram1, Dec 1, 8:56am
Holden motor body builders, ruff or not they did the bodies for most other American and englishcars for a long time.

rob_man, Dec 1, 9:16am
The Aussies were in a good position to do that because they had all the RHD parts for Falcons which should have been patterned off the Mustang.