Female in a Car Yard, lol

Page 1 / 2
softly1, Dec 1, 8:17am
I remember a year back when I was in a Holden car sales, my other half had told me to go look at the latest holden, so I did while our late model Holden V8 was getting a wof, as a chick walking around pushing a pram, I wasn't even approached by a salesman, yet a men came in and they werejumped on, it became a test I walked around for ages, nothing, haha more fool them, I told the service guys, lol, next day a call from the salesmen, too late, never judge :) haha sorry just came to mind lol

softly1, Dec 1, 8:23am
just had to get that off my chest, been bugging me for years lol

gunhand, Dec 1, 8:34am
OH, thought you may have meant female sales person. Now theres away to sell guys cars they didn't need or want. But she has to have large ummm errr driving lights of course.

bleetbleet, Dec 1, 8:38am
a friend of mine(female)had the same response at a local dealer yard and was disgusted that she had to go and ask if someone could help her.then got treated like a moron.so her and i(i am male) went into the same yard the next day and they were all over me.told them i was interested in a 3 year old commodore they had and it would be a cash sale.did the test drive and all the bs talk.then said "actually this lady was the one wanting to buy it but since you treated her like crap yesterday she bought another car from a yard down the road.you'll never get her business or mine or for that matter any of our friends business either" felt quite good actually

kazbanz, Dec 1, 8:47am
And you repeat yet another urban legend from the 1980's

usdefault, Dec 1, 8:53am
Good though aren't they.

bleetbleet, Dec 1, 8:55am
actually i'm telling the truth!she bought a car from pnth car yard that specailizes in holdens and didnt buy a car from a pnth yard up by the hospital but has a lot of holdens and fords

kazbanz, Dec 1, 8:59am
I'm n ot sure whats more sad. The dealership not treating any human being as a customer or You for feeling the need to make so much effort to make a point.-They had lost the sale -best revenge is knowing they will never have your money

usdefault, Dec 1, 9:04am
Anyone got any more of those urban legend things!

Heard the one about the woman in her big 4X4!.two cars were going for the same parking space in a shopping centre. Big burly commodore driver burst in front of her and took it and yelled out the window "That's what you can do when you can drive"

She drove staright up the back of his commodore nearly writing it off she yelled out the window "That's what you can do when you're rich"

Did it happen!

roadie, Dec 1, 9:07am
I went into a car yard the other day, on the North Shore in Auckland - and had a salesperson approach me as soon as I entered the yard.Not sure how serious he thought I was, took my number to call me when something comes in, but hasn't rung as yet.Mind you, I did tell him that I couldn't buy anything till March after I save a few more pennies.

smac, Dec 1, 11:41pm
Ever seen the movie Fried Green Tomatoes! Terrible movie, but there's a version of that tale in there. Something about being 'younger and faster' and the reply being 'older and insured' or something like that.

mrfxit, Dec 2, 12:40am
Malcom In The Middle

Last year (or so), supermarket carpark tthe wife & some other chick had an all out car derby including the slow motion stuff.

mrfxit, Dec 2, 12:44am
Years ago, I need an insurance quote for my modded 68 FD Victor & only 1 sales yard at the time was doing free quotes & it was an up market Jag/Bmw dealership.

Can't understand to this day why they were so happy to see my car go off their forecourt even after refusing to do the insurance quote.

mrfxit, Dec 2, 12:44am
Years ago, I needed an insurance quote for my modded 68 FD Victor & only 1 sales yard at the time was doing free quotes & it was an up market Jag/Bmw dealership.

Can't understand to this day why they were so happy to see my car go off their forecourt even after refusing to do the insurance quote.

ozz1, Dec 2, 4:12am
sorry .buti cant resist.did you buy one of those."ahh bras !":)

aoc1, Dec 2, 4:17am
Its a great movie, its I'm older and I have more insurance.

meathead_timaru, Dec 2, 4:26am
Sorry, but none of these stories of women near car yards ring true. How did they even get so far from the kitchen in the first place!

I'll be leaving now.

ratherbefishin, Dec 3, 2:19am
Na, we don't like talking to women about cars, too hard,some guys do if they are ahrd up for sales, too many good deals around.and too bad, if we lose a deal who cares, easier on our sanity to try and deal with a woman, just about bad a selling a car to an asian or an indian. Easier on our nerves, temerament not to deal with you all, just to wait for the men to come in so they can talk sense. I don't care if I miss one or two deals a month, rather wait and talk to a guy.

(this should fire them women up.ducks and watches.lol)

elect70, Dec 3, 2:25am
There is the story ofmaori guy who had alotto win & walked into holden dealersaid wanted anew V8monaro, salesman asked him how he was going to pay,"withlion brown bottle topsperhaps ! "the guy walked out & went to ford dealer .

elect70, Dec 3, 2:30am
There is the story ofmaori guy who had alotto win & walked into holden dealersaid wanted anew V8monaro, salesman asked him how he was going to pay,"withlion brown bottle topsperhaps ! "the guy walked out & went to ford dealer .Thenwoman sales rep forNZIGsold more than themalesbut she cheated ,always wore a mini skirt & ton of make up .

ratherbefishin, Dec 3, 2:32am
Yeah, you forget, we don't care.

mopsy3, Dec 3, 2:36am
I wanted a manual Falcon a few years back and went into Moyes as they had one. Was driving a Sierra Cosworth at the time. I took a female friend with me as hubby was working and we walked onto the yard, got ignored by at least 5 salesmen standing around with nothing to do. Then went over to the car, still ignored by them all busy doing nothing. We walked around it, peered in the windows looked at all the busy salesmen. Still ignored. So I went into the office and asked if there was anybody that wanted to sell a car today. Low and behold who should jump up and say "Yes, I will"! But good old Peter Rose from Fair Go fame. He said nobody came near me because women dont drive manual cars and they thought I was looking at the wrong car. Good start. Then I asked if we could take it to hubby to check on a hoist. He said "Are you sure you can drive a manual!". Yay, great customer skills. Then I showed him what I was already driving and to hammer the nail in the coffin he said "Wow, does your husband let you drive that!" I did end up buying the car off him even after all of that and went on to buy another vehicle for our business a bit later.

ratherbefishin, Dec 3, 2:37am
It's eaier to say NO that to deal with horrible people.! I didn't care if my sale people pizzed off the trash. It's easier to deal with nice people, and money doesn't make nice people. I've sold cars for 45 years, become a wee bit cynical, I let my guys sell to who they liked, but we didn't take crap from anyone. If we didn't want to sell to someone we wouldn't, they could go somewhere else. We didn't care for mucking around jumping through hoops for people. They were either buyers or not, we didn't barter, hassle, it was either buy it or bugger off.and we didn't want to see them back.just gimme the money and go away.

It's our cars and we can sell to whom we like. I still today do not believe the customer is right. We made the rules, we had the fun, we made the bucks, and squillions of it.we didn't dance to the dogooders demanding buyers tune, we did it our way.and they didn't like it.there's the gate.! Onyabike!

mopsy3, Dec 3, 2:39am
On another occasion my FIL went into a well know Subaru yard in his work shorts and boots to buy a brand new Imprezza and nobody went near him. So he asked if someone could show him one and a salesman said he couldnt afford it so he left and bought one at another yard and went back and showed them what he couldnt afford.

mopsy3, Dec 3, 2:42am
LOL. Was it you that asked about the bottle caps! You seem to have taken offense at that story.