Female in a Car Yard, lol

Page 2 / 2
ratherbefishin, Dec 3, 2:44am
And guess what, he didn't care! Only you thought you had the satisfaction of buying it.and hahaha.you probably fell into the trap which was a good one, coz same dealers own other yards etc.they piss the buyer of and they are more susceptible to a full sale on the other side. Push pull technique.sucker.you got hammered in a full take sale!
Oh there are heaps of techniques that get levelled at buyers, and largely you are all suckers.

ratherbefishin, Dec 3, 2:45am
No, but it is a good one to remember, thanks.

mopsy3, Dec 3, 2:54am
Actually, you are quite incorrect. As he is in the motoring industry himselfit is simple knowledge who owns what. He went down to a totally separate yard and bought a car for cheaper than the other place anyway. Happy as. The only sucker is the idiot that cant give a guy 5 minutes because he doesn't 'look' wealthy.

mopsy3, Dec 3, 2:56am
Wouldn't take too many bottlecaps to buy your car so that would be all good. You could have 'squillions' of bottlecaps before you know it, to go with your friendly personality and sunny disposition.

elect70, Dec 3, 4:17am
Some people need lessons intodayscar sales ,dealersdont fall for the old ,he aintgot any $$ ,traps anymore .Farmers come inwith cowshit on their boots to buy new utes& the salesmen certainly dont ignore them ,commission is $$ in the pocket .

gypsyguy, Dec 5, 2:33am
I once went into M---s Holden in Panmure, started checking out some late model used cars for my father. One of the thugs sorry 'used car sales professionals' came up and asked if he could help, i said i was looking for my father. He asked me "Oh, is he a Holden fan!" I said well not necessarily, but i'm interested in this car here. As soon as i said 'Not necessarily' he said "Go over and talk to the guys in that office" It was the new car sales office which i thought was strange, but i went and spoke to them, they were equally puzzled that i'd be sent to their office when i was looking at a used car. So i realised the used car salesman was being a jerk so i went and bought a car elsewhere.

gypsyguy, Dec 5, 2:36am
And another one! A mate of mine went to a VW/Audi dealer in Auckland (Dealer G!) to try out a new (expensive) model. This dealer wouldn't even let him take it for a test drive overnight. So he went over to Dealer C, who happily let him try it out, and also let him buy it, fancy that!. Dealer G manager heard about it and gave his sales guys a bollocking.

bellky, Dec 5, 2:38am
Good on you gypsyguy. my old boss got ignored at the Taka Bimma shop so he bought a 540 at Giltrap's lol.

mazzyz, Dec 5, 5:27am
Specifically told a car salesman that I wanted a rwd car, and was promptly shown a Toyota Paseo(sp!) and some other fwd thing(can't remember). I promptly left and shortly thereafter bought a Skyline.
Have been ignored at a couple of v8 dealerships that used to be on Sth Rd, Manurewa many years ago.
Recently started working in the industry, not very often I cop an attitude but it does happen. No worries though, being a guys industry traditionally it's to be expected, whateva.

neverl8, Dec 8, 3:17am
It's a known fact that woman play a significant part in 70% of all car buying decisions. Ignore her at your peril.

carstauranga001, Dec 8, 5:07am
Greg, is your surname 5 letters starting in W!