Who will win the last race of the supercars

Page 2 / 3
splinter67, Dec 2, 1:42am
Bad luck shanethats one of those moments like these you need minties big crowd there pity none of them want to see v8s oh no hang on that was you

bellky, Dec 2, 1:58am
Yep it's giving the holden fanboys a false sense of superiority.

splinter67, Dec 2, 1:59am
Whos winning bellend no false sense of security you team is like you loosing

chris_051, Dec 2, 2:00am
Nothing was outlawed jappa fan girls love to parrot that phrase, Group A was coming to an end world wide it just coincided with Nissans two victories at Bathurst, each region of the world going to their own formula. And for the record the Sierras had more round wins than the GTRs but hey jappa fan girls never let the facts get in the way of their only claim to fame.

splinter67, Dec 2, 2:02am
Rotflmao well said

austingtir, Dec 2, 2:43am
You assume to much i like the sierra's just as much as the GTR's both great cars. the GTR was the pinicale of the group A touring cars though.They dominated wherever they were entered really and were heavily penalised to keep it even in the end.Remember they werent just run in Australia its just the one we got the most coverage of and where the best factory team was in gibson motorsport.They beat toyota at home in Japan and at Macau against e30's and sierra's.

All im saying is going away from group A was not good.Look at rallying now.Its basically the same situation as v8 supercars one guy wins everything.Its just a big procession.Again citroen has the most money so they win. its pretty boring.

Rally extreme has gone someways to reversing that here in NZ with better rules and making the sport less costly to your average joe.

splinter67, Dec 2, 2:49am
Who cares both cars mentioned are not v8s we are talking about v8 supercars not has been racecars

twink19, Dec 2, 3:24am
the only difference between the cars now is thebadge, and good drivers,
so it has become boring, mustle cars here are better

splinter67, Dec 2, 3:25am
That will be true after the race today but not yet

sw20, Dec 2, 3:30am
Yeah has been race cars. The total time from the winning GT-Rs in 1991 took till 2010 to beat, and I'm no fan of GT-Rs.

splinter67, Dec 2, 3:38am
Once again who cares about turbo charged has beens we are talking v8s here and I like GTRS

jason18, Dec 2, 3:53am
I cant wait till it has a few more makes competing should make for some good racing!

splinter67, Dec 2, 6:10am
Will davidson won the race lowndes 2nd enough for a 1 & 2 finish in the championship well done team vodaphone

fordmfp, Dec 2, 6:44am
LOL Wrong

splinter67, Dec 2, 6:47am
oh well ya cant win them all but who won the championship

likit, Dec 2, 7:17am
Safety Cars have a huge impact on total race time so hard to compare year to year.

fordmfp, Dec 2, 7:25am
Yep thats true, Another championship for 888 they dominated in a FORD as well as a Holden, You guys are pretty lucky they jumped ship though because the next 4 spots in the championship were all FORDS. Dont get too used to them being in a Holden though Roland has a huge ego and will jump ship at some stage to prove he can do it in any make

splinter67, Dec 2, 8:03am
you do know that 888 racing also known as walkenshaw racing brought a ford team to get into v8 supercars then ford Australia gave them money to stay in a ford for 3 years as soon as that deal was done they went back to gm where they came from in the first place

serf407, Dec 2, 8:42am

bill-robinson, Dec 2, 5:51pm
looks like I was right (see #6)

splinter67, Dec 2, 5:59pm
lol almost bill Im both didn't win the race but 1 & 2 in the championship is good enough

jkm, Dec 2, 6:00pm
The Ford/Holden rilvary has been very successful. Maybe great marketing, but its been the sound of V8s the crowds have flocked to see.
It will be very interesting to see how much support the Kelly Team and Nissan get in next years series.

splinter67, Dec 2, 6:11pm
And sbr with the merc

fordmfp, Dec 2, 6:59pm
I know the history, Walkinshaw racing is hrt not 888, You keep watching Dane will change manufacturers
I will continue to watch and support FORD even if we dont win because i'm loyal unlike a lot of sheep out there!

ksam, Dec 2, 7:37pm
Not really, but at least I now know, you don't like anything since 92 (the good old days)