Any Wingroad owners or drivers here?

ambo11, Dec 6, 4:25am
Very keen on a Wingroad wagon, 2005 onwards with the 1.8 motor. Haven't driven one yet, but a lot of online forums say they are a Tiida underneath. Drove a Tiida and thought it was great, but much prefer the Wingroad styling wise and would be more useful being a wagon. I'm hoping the Wingroad is as comfortable and quiet as the Tiida, anyone got any comments! Also seat height or ease of access. Will be trying to find one to sit in this weekend, but appreciate any experiences. Cheers

kazbanz, Dec 6, 4:31am
Ambo --for FIT the 1500 and 1800 are identical.
We had a kiwi new 1800 with 100k on the clock in stock and Mrs Kaz liked it very much for around town but on a trip hamilton to auckland she thought the seats were quite hard

ambo11, Dec 6, 4:34am
Cheers kazbanz, how quiet was it on the road! And how much difference is there in the motor sizes really! So many 1.5s but not many 1.8s.are the 1.8s really that much better! Thanks for your frequent advice too, sure many people benefit from it!

jason18, Dec 6, 5:25am
We just bought an 09 wingroad today. 1.8and I found it goes really well! I like the seats and the feel of the car. Sits on the road nicely and is peppy around town. Open road it seems fine! We got it nz new 112km ex lease 1 owner. we got ours for 9k

jason18, Dec 6, 5:26am
Very quiet on road too but I guess thats also down to the tyres on it. I would go 1.8 just because its always better to have a few more kw

kazbanz, Dec 6, 5:30am
Ambo--Id second jason on the quietness. Very quiet.
To be honest having driven both MOST of the time theres very little difference.

mantagsi, Dec 6, 5:58am
Upholstery is useless and wears very hard very quickly, and a bit short on guts off of the line due to an indecisive trans. Quite boring, but this could be seen as a big plus. Positive side, easy as hell to drive, goes nicely, looks respectable, can fit gear in no worries, digging the factory security system too. '07 wingroad company car I use just about daily all around akl city & nth shore. I wouldn't say no to one if I wanted a smaller wagon for myself

ambo11, Dec 6, 6:10am
Did you buy this from a car company! Sounds a good deal, would be pretty keen myself for one like that if they were available. Would much prefer NZ new if possible. Great to hear they are quiet, as for seats etc can always put covers on later. Sounding better all the time.just need to try one for size now. Thanks for all replies!

jason18, Dec 6, 6:11pm
Whats with that little buttons on the doors! That beep when you press them!

jason18, Dec 6, 6:11pm
Yeah was an extremely good deal. Turners car auctions we got it from :D

andy61, Dec 6, 7:11pm
Does it have proxmity locking! if so it locks the car without needing to use the remote(My 2006 Corolla Fielder has this feature withpush button,keyless starting),no need to take remote out of your pocket.Walk up to your car and automatically unlocks.

jason18, Dec 7, 1:33am
Yes thats it. Awesome cheers man

neville48, Dec 7, 9:09am
check out the small space in the back seats tho, very tight.

jason18, Dec 7, 9:15am
Well I have two kids with 2 car seats and it seems plenty big for us.

paxandtrax, Dec 7, 10:20pm
You are right there, no good for adults. Had one for a year couldn't wait to get rid of it. To light and tinny sounding even though it looks quite robust !

jason18, Dec 8, 1:00am
Mines quite the opposite It doesn't sound tinny at all! I guess its only 3 years old. You can fit two adults in but if you want 3 adults in the back you need a falcon or commy.

kazbanz, Dec 8, 3:48am
I suspect that those commenting have experience with the OLD wingroad.
UP to 1999 which was "relaunched" as the AD van.They did feel kinda tinny. The New shape ( 05-09)feels very much like a feilder to drive. Very solid and quiet.