07 falcon BA S/W

meteor05, Dec 13, 7:25am
Just lookin to upgrade from a caldina to something a bit bigger and comfy for the missus, baby, dog ect. Any dramas or things in particular i should be looing for in a falcon of that era! Thanks in advance

jason18, Dec 13, 9:06am
I think those ar the BF model! Maybe FG! Bloody good cars.

lazzo, Dec 13, 9:14am
No wagon variant in the FG. They're good cars, HUGE.

bevharris1938, Dec 13, 9:46am
Our BF mk2 was great, go for it

franc123, Dec 13, 9:51am
Buy a good one and look after it, you can't buy them new anymore due to (even more) stupid decision making by Ford,

panelvanner, Dec 13, 11:43am
Helluva good car. Reliable, economical on gas, (ok, a bit thirsty round town). Huge inside, from memory about 6' 3" of sleeping room with seats down. Practical and grunty, makes a great tow car.
AND they are cheap as.

unbeatabull, Dec 13, 6:00pm
They simply didn't sell in enough for them to be profitable to make in FG.

They are good cars. Check all the servicing is up to date, and if over 90k, has had its diff oil, trans flush, fuel filter, throttle body clean and PCM Updates carried out.

Being a wagon and having the solid rear axle you don't have to worry about the rear balljoints and shock and trailing arm problems that the IRS Sedan Falcons have. Only thing to check on the front is the front balljoints, and wheel bearing noise on a road test, and any knocks in the front caused by worn sway bar links or bushes - all very minor things to repair.

Otherwise, just check no oil leaks from front cover and crank, rocker cover, and rear crank seal.

Check coolant is still up to date, the cooling system works fine on these but as soon as it starts getting neglected there is a couple of frost plugs in pain in the ass places that tend to be the ones that leak.

If you plan on doing any long distance driving or towing I would also get an external trans cooler fitted.

If you can, try find one with the 6 spd ZF Auto Transmission - a really great trans that drives really well.

franc123, Dec 13, 11:52pm
^^ I was fully aware of why it was dropped, still a stupid idea when Holden are still producing the Sportwagon and Statesman. They gut the range and wonder why Falcon sales are so low. Even being a Ford guy its disappointing that they simply aren't playing the game smart enough any longer.

lazzo, Dec 14, 12:06am
I don't think the wagon ever did come with the 6 spd ZF Transmission!

lazzo, Dec 14, 12:08am
Ford are playing the game. But that's just it, they're playing the game smarter. Concentrating on what they sell best and making it better, I guess that's why the wagon was dropped, even though I agree the Holden Sportwagon is a smart thing.

thunderbolt, Dec 14, 12:09am
Most of the sales went to the base model Terri.
There was no 6 speed version

unbeatabull, Dec 14, 5:48am
Yeah, in hindsight ya's are right, no 6 speed. I swear I saw one though . then I remembered we had fitted it aftermarket for them!

Falcon sales haven't dropped, still lots of FG's on the road and being sold. At least where we are anyway.

franc123, Dec 15, 1:59am
Pity that its not working too well, overall sales are still well below Commodore when they shouldn't be, its not because of bad product but bad and incorrect reading of the market. Dropping long and recognised names like Fairmont and Ghia and replacing them with silly meaningless code numbers was also daft.

rovercitroen, Dec 15, 7:20am
Welcome back Fish.

jmma, Dec 15, 7:26am
Just quietly, delete your post rovercitroen please (o:

rovercitroen, Dec 16, 6:14am
Sorry jmma, It won't let me.

unbeatabull, Dec 16, 6:44am
Agree. The product is better but bad marketing strategies from Ford. G6 and G6E should be dropped. Fairmont, Fairlane, Ghia, etc, all had meaning and a bit of class and history about them.