Faded paint = respray - $$$ ?

jentomo, Dec 14, 2:24am
What would be a ball park dollar figure topaint the likes of a corollabonnet , no panel damage just to tidy up sun fade paint .!

rob_man, Dec 14, 2:29am
Colour!

jentomo, Dec 14, 2:30am
Red

kazbanz, Dec 14, 3:15am
Has it faded or peeled! -faded why not get a painter to give it an agressive cut and polish.

attitudedesignz, Dec 14, 3:18am
Quite often is only a quick fix with reds kaz, may only last a couple of months. Have to remember also every time ya buff it you'll take a quite abit of paint off, and if it's still factory coating there isn't alot there to begin with.

theram1, Dec 14, 3:25am
I would choose a friendly painter.

kazbanz, Dec 14, 3:46am
Is there such a thing! -My painter is a grumpy ol bugger.

the-lada-dude, Dec 14, 4:38am
mmmmmm. just used to love spraying the old cellulose lacquer, in a confined space you could get smashed off ya face, dulon not as good

marcos1, Dec 14, 4:59am
Ballpark!.3hundy

grangies, Dec 14, 7:31am
Red metallic ( glittery ) , or straight red!

The price can be any where from $200 to $500 depending on why it has faded.

For example. If it is just the original factory paint faded due to sun burn and engine heat, then it's a straight forward easy fix, because of it only having the one original paint job on it.

But an other example on the other end of the scale, could be because it's faded and sunken and peeled etc because of a cheap rough butcher using inferior products who bogs up nasty dents on large areas of sheet-metal and just chucks the cheapest crappiest paint available on top.

dr.doolittle, Dec 14, 7:36am
He must be good then.
I've found painters usually want to take a swing at you after a few though.

rob_man, Dec 14, 8:32am
I've heard he ain't exactly a spastic.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 14, 8:37am
I have met some real mad bu$$er's.

My favorite was the painters that was next to a mower shop. One of them "borrowed" a brush cutter and fitted a black cardboard blade.

He then burst in on one of his workmates with it running full tilt and yelling his head off and plowed it straight into his leg.

Good times!