Outboard Service. Any recommendations for someone to service the outboard on north shore what39s holiday outboard services or no

haventrader, Dec 17, 6:19am
Any recommendations for someone to service the outboard on North Shore! What's Holiday Outboard services or Northcote Point outboards like! Cheers

desmodave, Dec 17, 8:23am
I would be thinking that any boat service out fit would be flat out at the mo with every Tom ,Dick & Harry and may be even a Mary or 2wanting their boats serviced for the holidays.

sirdoug, Dec 18, 5:49am
You have got that right. Its not a question of who is best with price, workmanship but WHO will do do.it.

xs1100, Dec 18, 6:36pm
would reccomend holiday if you can get in very very good or even bretts under the old forrest hill motors up there

dr.doolittle, Dec 18, 6:52pm
What sort of outboard is it! If it's a 2 stroke, why dont you give it a go yourself, it aint rocket science.

haventrader, Dec 19, 9:24am
yep, 2 stroke, 15hp. More than happy to give it a go. what's involved!

dr.doolittle, Dec 19, 1:56pm
Change the plug.
Drop the leg & replace the impeller.
Renew the gearbox oil.
Nothing else really.Just Google the make, model & year for info on servicing & check Youtube as well.
Good luck & enjoy it.

haventrader, Dec 19, 10:39pm
Cheers, thanks. I'll give that a go!

bushells, Dec 20, 3:55am
Mark Helms is a good guy, just had him service my outboard, very thorough and doesn't risk missing things.

dr.doolittle, Dec 20, 6:25am
I know Mark, & he knows me, (not as doolittle though). Great guy & VERY helpful.
I'd recommend him any day if you dont want to have a go yourself.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 20, 6:37am
+1 totally worth doing yourself, but I would add a couple of things to the list.

* Lubricate grease nipples and grease points with proper marine grease. (You can usually get Nautilus grease at supercheap)

* If it has a thermostat have a look at that and make sure it looks to be free and working

* General look over all linkages, hoses etc under the hood.

The workshop manual should tell you everything you need to know though, only an hours work at a very leisurely pace.