Whats the gutz when importing a Motorhome in

angelstarr1, Dec 19, 5:28am
from the US, UK or where ever, I read something on community board a few weeks ago to do with electrical certification ect but cant find it now and I need to show a friend of mine who is looking at getting one into NZ! Cheers!

gadgetman, Dec 19, 5:45am
The experts are at www.nzmotorhome.co.nz. Free to join and plenty of people who can help your queries there.

kazbanz, Dec 19, 5:53am
Short version.
First it must comply with at least euro 4 to be allowed on the road
Second it must have electrical certification if its to plug into our mains.-running off its own power isnt an issue.
The issue with US stuff is that its LHD and they run 120volt mains.

franc123, Dec 19, 6:01am
A friend who used to do a number of LHD conversions on E and F series Ford campers said that the LPG systems for cooking and heating systemsetc aren't compliant here either, as well as the aforementioned mains electricity issues. Although why they are dangerous and why gas system standards here are different from those that originate from a country where suing each other is a national sport I don't know. Theres no cheap or easy way to get them all legal here. Which if you could see how cheap and plentiful large campervans are in the states just makes you weep. Some of the dealers are that large they give you a motorised golf cart to go browsing.The yanks won't buy anything over 10 years old, recession or no recession even though they might be nothing wrong with them, same with pommy caravans.

franc123, Dec 19, 6:01am
A friend who used to do a number of LHD conversions on E and F series Ford campers said that the LPG systems for cooking and heating systemsetc aren't compliant here either, as well as the aforementioned mains electricity issues. Although why they are allegedly dangerous and why gas system standards here are different from those that originate from a country where suing each other is a national sport I don't know. Theres no cheap or easy way to get them all legal here. Which if you could see how cheap and plentiful large campervans are in the states just makes you weep. Some of the dealers are that large they give you a motorised golf cart to go browsing.The yanks won't buy anything over 10 years old, recession or no recession even though they might be nothing wrong with them, same with pommy caravans.

angelstarr1, Dec 19, 6:26pm
Thanks everyone for your help and that is the site we were wanting grangies - cheers!