Bedford rear axle needed.

tigerflower, Dec 19, 9:09am
south or north island.to fit an nfm 77.complete axle.or knowledge to whereabouts.Yes I know of lance in thames area.

snoopy221, Dec 19, 9:16am
Was Vernon and Vazey in Aucks ever suggested!

rob_man, Dec 19, 9:27am
My old man had a TK back in the 60s, it spun an axle and wrecked the spline. He had to replace the splined part in the diff too.
Which model truck is yours in!

carmad50, Dec 19, 9:30am
plenty in the oreti river herethey used em as boat anchors along with those 272 fords

boat3, Dec 19, 5:53pm
lance cryer,in thames,called bedford parts,or try hamilton truck and bus

muzz67, Dec 20, 6:01pm
I got an old j series truck in the paddock.

skin1235, Dec 21, 6:40am
nfm was actually the S model, and from memory they used an Eaton diff, some even had the Eaton 2 speed, commonly seen as the railways buses, the army used them for a long time too

check all around the diff, there should be identification tags on it, those diffs were used in a lot of different vehicles - Morris and Austin used them for a while, a lot of the buses of the day were on bedford chassis but named after the bodybuilders
about the only thing nmf77 signifies is it was built in 77 and it had a genuine bedford 4.9lt engine, commonly called the bedford 300,

skin1235, Dec 21, 6:43am
and after all that, ID the diff, they were as common as muck, lots ended up under farm trailers complete with crown wheels and axles still in them ( and neither is actually need to be retained for them to run as trailers

they were also very popular for making ground saws ( to trench for water pipes and electrical cables )

intrade, Dec 21, 6:48am
i was at suspension place they had a bearing of a bedford special unique mesurment cost 1200 bux for just the one bearingsome guy imports em from uk he said and the 1200 bux was there cost price from that guy.

skin1235, Dec 21, 6:57am
is this the same one you were looking for earlier in the year, I should hunt up that thread cos if I remember rightly you had the measurements of the desired one with all except the spline number involveI will be among a few old diffs this xmas and the beddys in particular were not that had to slip out to check sizes

are you still down the coast!, did you fix it and it's chomped another one! 9 had an OLB that used to eat the flanges off regularly - had a few mm of bend in the bearing assembly- had to chuck the whole diff out eventually