RA1 Odyssey Dead

panelvanner, Dec 22, 10:46pm
Just started switching off randomly, restarting each time, until it became hard to start. Now it is dead in the drive, will crank, just not fire. I fitted a used ignition switch (but from a later model one - looks the same, same markings and wires etc. - cut and soldered) as I had come across that before, in an Accord. Annoying, it is sitting with a full tank of gas. It has the 2 and 3 pin obd plug, under glove box, bridged the 2 pin one, but only brought up an ABS flash code, 21. I went to dub dot Rennacs diagnostic site, and code 21 says V-tec solenoid or circuit, but ours is only 2.2 non Vtec. (And this was still only ABS light). I am not sure of which pins to bridge on the three pin plug
Help appreciated anyway.
All the best.
Panlevanner

llortmt, Dec 22, 10:58pm
Main relay or ignitor in distrributor

doug207, Dec 22, 10:59pm
I'd be looking at the dizzy on it for a start. They can be quite problematic

howz_that, Dec 22, 11:09pm
start with the basics. Do you have spark and fuel

panelvanner, Dec 22, 11:15pm
Fair call, I had not looked at those yet.Just they usual Kiwi way, you know, assume, then fix before testing!

panelvanner, Dec 22, 11:52pm
Hi and thanks, to all. Have checked for spark, wifey cranked while I checked, spark ok at #1 lead with a dummy plug, but could still be random spark/confused dizzy etc.
I would be surprised if fuel was the issue, as no warning (surging etc) was given whenever engine stopped. Just a straight stall, at any rev/load combo.

clark20, Dec 23, 12:03am
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=viIZ8k60awY

Main relay common problem

llortmt, Dec 23, 12:05am
Check for fuel to the rail, (which there will be) then throw a distributor on it.

panelvanner, Dec 23, 1:09am
Cheers Guys. I will let you know what i find.
Panelvanner.

kazbanz, Dec 23, 3:08am
sorry to repeat the odvious -go back to basics.-The engine needs spark,compression,air and fuel.
Is any one of thoise missing!
Im thinking you might yhave a totally blocked up fuel filter.Or a worn dizzy,

llortmt, Dec 23, 4:41am
Fixed!