Looking at 3ltr v6 odyssey 02

brookesy, Jan 25, 5:42pm
is there anything to look for ie common faults etc ,Ta Debs

andy61, Jan 25, 5:58pm
Autos can be a bit weak.

mugenb20b, Jan 25, 6:11pm
The transmission can't handle the V6 power too well, and are known to fail prematurely. The risk of failure can be reduced by fitting the biggest transmission cooler you can find. In all honesty, I would stay away from it and get a 2.3 V-Tec 4 cylinder, or better still, the '05 + model with a 2.4 engine.

mrfxit, Jan 25, 8:35pm
STILL doesn't explain why many of the slow vehicles that hold up traffic in town AND rural seem to be odysseys

kazbanz, Jan 25, 8:37pm
NO NO NO --DON'T DO IT !
I'm sorry if this seems harsh but you WILL regret buying a V6 odyssey.
1) every time you fill up with fuel
2) WHENthe gearbox breaks you will be up for a $3500 repair.

Im sorry if that seems harsh but I've had a LOT traded in with cooked boxes

woody1946, Jan 26, 5:42am
Yep, Son had a v6 and the auto gearbox clapped out on his as well. Started off making a noise then finally just wouldn't change gear

mugenb20b, Jan 26, 5:48am
Is that so! Well, where I live, all the locals are getting to know how fast Odysseys really are. And that's the basic 2.2 litre.

thunderbolt, Jan 26, 6:24am
Hmm, ask an opinion, completely dis-regard opinions given and then ask same people if the car they don't recommend is a good buy!

Sure, looks like a bargain, good luck.

Sheesh.

woody1946, Jan 26, 6:33am
To late its sold now , so lucky you I would say

brookesy, Jan 26, 4:26pm
Morning so i was lucky not to bid and win it, or the couple who bought it lucky that they will have trouble down the line then.

jason18, Jan 26, 6:19pm
I honestly didnt notice a difference from the vtec on to the v6 when test driving so go for the vtec 2.3