An apology to car drivers.

Page 1 / 4
3tomany, Jan 2, 1:02am
if you go to aussie you can swim in a river with crocodiles but you might get hurt the risk is on the swimmer

wrong2, Jan 2, 4:28am
why should cyclists pay !

go on, tell us how the roading network is worn out by 15 kg vehicles just the same as it is by 300 nm powered 1500 kg vehicles !

a.woodrow, Jan 2, 4:32am
Well to argue this I would say it's not worn out the same, thats why trucks cost more to register than cars

wrong2, Jan 2, 4:33am
so what

your ability to find things annoying has no relevance

fact is no car is going to be at risk of severe crushing & maiming of its inhabitants from any cyclists

car drivers SHOULD be responsible around cyclists

wrong2, Jan 2, 4:34am
if it wasnt for trucks, our car fleet would be hard pressed to wear out our roads

but push bikes !

dont make me laugh

a.woodrow, Jan 2, 4:37am
Yep I doubt cars wear out the road, but we pay rego to drive them, so why not cyclists! Motorbikes wouldn't wear the road out either but they pay rego, same with trailers etc. While we are at it we can whack a bit of acc levies on it to to cover incidents like OP's

calvin_85, Jan 2, 4:39am
If I get dressed in my motorbike gear and look in the mirror, i would say I look cool. Now what do cyclist think when they do the same in their hotpants and gay club shirt!

wrong2, Jan 2, 4:42am
why should cyclists pay !

theres no good reason except spite

push bikes dont wear out roads in ANY comparable way

and EVERY cyclist is one less car on the roads - meaning your journey became slightly quicker because cyclists were in your way instead of more cars

a.woodrow, Jan 2, 4:45am
I don't believe trailers or motorbikes wear out the road either, and don't forget the acc :)

And my trips aren't faster when there is people on bikes, they are always cutting in front of traffic, ridding two or more abreast and blocking lanes. roads are for stuff with engines, cyclists should be relegated to the footpath

johnf_456, Jan 2, 4:46am
Yes yes

wrong2, Jan 2, 4:49am
footpaths are the safest place to ride

but why should cyclists pay for something they dont wear out

you cant compare push bikes to any motorised vehicle - theres no comparison

& yes, every cyclist you see means one less car in your road - you should be thanking them . that you dont shows how off your opinion is

im not expecting anyone to like ahole cyclists - we all know ahole cyclists when we see one, just like we know what an ahole car driver is

1fordfan, Jan 3, 1:17am
apology accepted , now go ride on the footpath and keep out of my road fool

klrider, Jan 3, 7:56am
if the baby was going to cause the20 stone man to swerve in front of other fast travelling 20 stone men you might have an argument.but you choose to see only what you want to see and refuse to acknowledge the context, instead you tell stupid irrelevent stories.you must be one of those cyclists who think its ok to do what the hell you want on the road because you are small.

klrider, Jan 3, 8:03am
people swerve fool, to get away from idiot cyclists, they swerve.which is dangerous to other cars, cyclists and pedestrians. Typical to think about yourself only, typical selfish cyclist.

rob_man, Jan 3, 8:12am
If you bought a ticket to get into a movie and were seated but there were people who had not paid but were required to stand, would you not become annoyed when they blocked your view of the screen!
When you know the answer Grasshopper, you will be ready.

a.woodrow, Jan 3, 8:16am
We wouldn't have threads like this if we were allowed to run over cyclists with impunity

rob_man, Jan 3, 8:45am
Think of the potential tyre damage man. They're not all squishy, there are sharp bits in there too.

trogedon, Jan 3, 8:52am
Nice analogy Mr Miyagi.

trogedon, Jan 3, 8:54am
Thankyou. I might play again ;-)

a.woodrow, Jan 3, 8:57am
Maybe just nudge them off the road then! that's what bumpers are for.

rob_man, Jan 3, 9:09am
Remember the chariot wheels in Ben Hur! I wonder if those blades would pose a WOF problem.

kazbanz, Jan 3, 9:59am
You are missing the point. A LARGE proportion of mcycle rego is the ACC component. The principle being that if a motorcycle hits a car rightly or wrongly the biker is hurt so the person most likely to be hurt pays for the risk they take. Yet biciclists don't pay THAT specific part of being a road user.

trogedon, Jan 3, 7:28pm
That's because "biciclists" don't exist apart from in Romania.

kazbanz, Jan 3, 11:02pm
Smart alec.-Ps that thing we were discussing a month or so ago isn't going at all now. I think it needs some troggy loving

trogedon, Jan 4, 1:00am
I'll be happy to breathe some life back into it. Wished I could do the same for some here!