Electric Scooter?

dasfi, Jan 7, 9:35am
Iv got an electric scooter 24v, Powerd by 2 12v 7.2ah batteries, lost charger, is there a mathmatical calculation to work out how long i need to charge them to untill there charged! i have a Varible power supply i can use which can do anywhere from 1-30volts and 1-15 amps. Cheers, yes i would be charging them in series

johnf_456, Jan 7, 9:45am
What sort of scooter do you have, the easy way would be find a replacement charger. Get the specifications off that and apply that to your variable power supply.

Once we have a model number, it shouldn't be to hard to find out, good luck.

pickles26, Jan 7, 10:32am
Unless you know the exact state of charge then no best bet would be to buy a automatic type charger

cjdnzl, Jan 7, 10:49am
you should charge them at the 10-hour rate, that's 720milliamps, for about 12 hours, or less if they aren't completely flat.
I presume, being 12 volts they are lead-acid batteries, so a voltage controlled charger set for 27.6 volts ( 2 x 13.8 volts) will not overcharge if left on.

ralphdog1, Jan 7, 11:13am
I would be picking they are sealed gel type bstteries. If so charge them at 27.0 volts. Anything higher than that you risk causing them to gas which will shorten their life.

dasfi, Jan 7, 7:08pm
Sweet as that sounds good, will make up a lead for my power supply and will tune it in to those rates, cheers