Alfa Romeo 8C.

Page 1 / 2
gooddealz2, Jan 16, 1:11am
I thought I was going to see a photo of something much older but yes it does look good.

1rad8, Jan 16, 9:10am
wow,never thought there would be one in NZ.Indeed a very beautiful looking car! Looks far better than a aston martin!

thejazzpianoma, Jan 17, 12:04am
There is a company called Pur Sang in Argentina that makes proper replica's of these, by proper I mean an absolutely exactly copy of the original. They are not that badly priced either if I remember correctly, you are into the hundreds of thousands of dollars but given its a proper hand built car and a genuine one is about $7M its pretty good going.

rsr72, Jan 17, 1:17am
#1- You obviously are referring to the pre-war 8C Monza's and the 8C 2300 Tourings at that price. We did have one or two of 8C's in NZ many years ago.
The price of the wonderful current model Alfa 8C I refer to is around us$240,000.

trogedon, Jan 17, 2:53am
Mmmm.

hawat, Jan 17, 6:48am
I'm gobsmacked. Is there an 8C Alfa in Auckland! Where did you see it! What colour is it! Mouth is watering thinking about the prospect of seeing it.
The only other car that would make me more interested is a Zonda, R preferably but any other Zonda would be good.

rsr72, Jan 17, 8:01am
#9- Same as the pics- very metallic red.
Seen in Eastern suburbs.

pebbles61, Jan 17, 8:25am
I donno, my vote would go for a Princess _b

hawat, Jan 17, 9:27pm
How did it sound! The youtube article with the top gear 3 testing it (along with the Maserati and F430) had it sounding really brassy and loud like the 1970's Challenger/Cobra/Stingray. Aural drooling much.

wrong2, Jan 18, 3:40am
you could well think that after seeing one in the metal, that is untill you get to see what a Ferrari 458 looks like in direct sunshine :-)

rosiejoy, Jan 18, 6:06am
Wonderful looking car! Shame they are so expensive and were a limited run. Will look forward to the upcoming 4C too. There is a 458 Italia that lives locally here in Tauranga, and it is truly stunning too.

1rad8, Jan 20, 8:03am
Seen that and a AMG SLS.nothing seems special about their looks.The F40 looks way better,not that I have seen one in person.But someone in NZ must have one!

1rad8, Jan 20, 9:33am
Yikes.so the economy isn't so bad afterall!

hawat, Jan 20, 10:24am
The F40 in the flesh is OK (there is one at CCS in Gt Sth Rd) but the 8C is supposed to be way better. Clarkson is a big fan of the F40 and yet HE says the 8C is the most beautiful car ever.

wrong2, Jan 21, 5:56am
genuine lol

rosiejoy, Jan 21, 8:45am
There are a fair few exotic's in Tauranga, thanks to one certain rock star. There was a Ferrari show here last year, and an F40 was present, complete with its own security guard. Not much to it really, just a big engine with an aero kit and a seat:) now, an Aventador in person is really something else.

hawat, Jan 21, 11:31am
A young Asian student at Auckland uni and drives a white Aventador. Have seen it a few times in Symonds St. I think its the same one that the car mags tested a few months ago. Surely there can't be more that one white Aventador in Auckland (or nz for that matter) Quite dramatic but I don't think it would be as 'compelling' as an 8c. The Aventador is clinically cold whereas I think the 8c would inspire passion. One thing I think they would have in common in the noise volume. The Aventador is REALLY LOUD. Expect that the 8c would be just as loud.

1rad8, Jan 21, 12:29pm
Thanks bud.looks like a trip to CCS is in order.Can't wait to see a F40 in person.
While I like modern day supercars,I think they are somewhat all the same now.just dull.I have seen and been in a few lambos and they are breath-taking.Ferraris are okay,I prefer the old ferraris and cars with a history to them.

wrong2, Jan 22, 4:40am
compared to the 458, the F40 has bland straight lines & panels

carkitter, Jan 22, 5:07am
Ah, no.

The 458 looks like a typical Dubai runabout, the F40 looks like a genuine Le Mans racer from the 70's and 80's. Poles apart.

wrong2, Jan 22, 7:51am
too the person who likes the more bland mp4 lines yet dismisses the 458 as a dubai runabout (whatever that is) ill be giving a pass too

timmo1, Jan 22, 11:15pm
I saw the 8C in Paris last year.I'm still not convinced it's a good looking car to be honest.

hawat, Jan 24, 4:25am
Went past CCS on Tuesday and stopped for a perve. The F40 isn't there anymore, maybe its upstairs, there are quite a few up there and I can remember they had it up there for the open day a couple of years ago.

hawat, Jan 24, 4:32am
MAN! That 8C. Drop dead gorgeous doesn't do it justice.

guest, Apr 12, 9:55am
I have seen the 8C in the North Shore a couple of times - stunning car, great sound.