Daewoo now more reliable than Fiat and Alfa Romeo

mapman, Oct 28, 7:01am
Daewoo now more reliable than Fiat and Alfa Romeo by a long way
Two great brands are now rated poorly and one with a pretty bad record has a better reliability rating. Daewoo, that??

franc123, Oct 28, 8:43am
Oh well time to convince GM to start rebadging Holdens as Daewoos then, might give them some more credibility, likewise Chevrolets.We all know that the reverse happens because the Daewoo brand has NO credibility in western markets and failed dismally when they tried to sell them under their own badge.But you're right, you do have to wonder how long the prestige brands can continue to appeal to peoples vanity when the product is essentially overpriced rubbish that is basically designed to fail and be uneconomic to fix once it leaves warranty.

radar51, Oct 28, 8:44am
My Mum just had to change the rocker cover(warped) as the seal leaked oil rather than just changing the gasket. $800 is the estimated cost from the workshop. I wont buy one of these,

peacebird15, Oct 28, 8:55am
I have a balloon that I use as an outside doorstop thats more reliable than an alfa or fiat

mapman, Oct 28, 9:17am
Alfa Romeo came 31 out of 32, man that saddens me. This was a top brand now look at them. The 2nd link doesn??

mm12345, Oct 28, 8:46pm
You must mean a long long time ago.

mapman, Oct 28, 10:05pm
Clearly.

mm12345, Oct 28, 11:15pm
Yep.About the time and place in history where Lady Penelope's car never broke down, because as we knew, Rolls Royces never broke down, and if you painted one pink, they'd sue you for tarnishing their image.

foxdonut, Oct 29, 1:04am
Skoda are just re badges vw's

When was alfa Romeo ever considered reliable!

trdbzr, Oct 29, 1:23am
Alfa's were never known for their reliability.

saxman99, Oct 29, 2:28am
Go ahead and buy a Daewoo then, nobody's stopping you.

thejazzpianoma, Oct 29, 2:55am
Yawn, just more mapman propaganda. He no doubt scoured the net for days to find something and came up with that old article from well over a year ago.

Daewoo make simple knocked down cars with no features. It dosn't matter who is building it, its just simple mathematics, the more features the more things there are too break.

The point everyone misses is that even if you take the 5 most reliable cars ever made,one is going to be more reliable than the other 4. It dosn't mean you wouldnot want to own the other 4 though.

Thats pretty much modern cars in a nutshell.

Alfa/Fiat generally get a bad rep in the U.K because of how their dealer network is structured, problems don't get fixed properly and they treat their customers badly. Angry customers give bad feedback.

Having owned literally dozens of Fiats and Alfa's along with several other European and Japanese brands I can tell you my Fiats have been the most reliable of the lot. They remain my first choice for reliability and cheap running if you need a reliable car and don't have much money to spend.

mapman, Oct 29, 3:55am
We have all had 90% of propaganda from you since day one and the other 10% is putting down Chinese cars. Jazz there are two links, one from last year and one from this year. Unbelievably the Kia Picanto rated the best this year. Of note Jazz, the three Fiats that you talk about mostly, the Multipla, Panda and Punto have not done badly at all, but overall the brand is less reliable than it should be. A Mercedes SL came in last place with 48% of cars needing attention. Funny that, my wife's Uncle has one and has has a horror year with his beautiful but fragile SL.

Alfa Romeo overall came in at 34 out of 35. I don??

afer_daily, Oct 29, 4:09am
the only thing i have againstfiats alfas lanciasis they seem to rust so much more easily than any else around / including ladas

the-lada-dude, Jan 14, 8:50pm
just say you had 100 daewoo or lada cars but only one ever gets a hiding and is repeatedly in the garage for repairs. and the reported feed back from the garages is100 daewoo / ladarepaired this year. BUT there's only 100 on the road !shit that's a 100 % failure rate.do you get my drift.
you can do any thing with No'syou guys no that , and who's paying the research Co