What's the maximum amount of fuel

icemans1, Jan 20, 2:04am
that can be stored in a garage, it doesn't say exactly on the the net, however, i came across this:

If you are storing greater than 50 litres of petrol, you need a Location Test Certificate.

so i'm picking you may store up to 50L in a garage, would this be correct! TIA

jmma, Jan 20, 2:06am
Pays to check with insurance co.
I was allowed 20L in two different containers (o:

shaun16, Jan 20, 2:07am
not sure but it shouldnt really matter! what are the chances someones going to see all youre fuel and dob you in! i have 10 litres in my garage for the lawnmower and chainsaw.

shaun16, Jan 20, 2:08am
so what happens when you park the car in there! i bet theres a lot more then but that probably doesnt count

icemans1, Jan 20, 2:09am
i've been storing up to 60L at times

jmma, Jan 20, 2:10am
I would say its only a problem when it burns down (o:

icemans1, Jan 20, 2:12am
LOL true

zak1998, Jan 20, 3:17am
fuel has a use by date

icemans1, Jan 20, 5:10am
yes zak, but i buy 100L of fuel to get the max discount - i only store it for about a week or so before it gets used

clark20, Jan 20, 5:35am
Nope because its in an approved container

gammelvind, Jan 20, 6:36am
I seem to remember from the last dangerous goods cert I got, a few years ago that you may store up to 50 litres in containers not larger than 20 litres, without a permit.

chook90, Jan 20, 9:27pm
What the law states on this issue is most likely VERY different to what your insurance company states. Be Aware!

jokerboss, Jan 20, 9:47pm
whilst good in theory ; most savings schemes only tick over the 1st 40L you purchase (I know the BP one does

chebry, Jan 20, 11:10pm
Your DG endorsement would have told you thelaws and limits for bulk fuel cartage and storage.

rsr72, Jan 20, 11:21pm
After the garage has burnt down, no-one could say how much, or how little, fuel was stored.

bmwnz, Jan 21, 6:57am
I choose not to store any petrol, other than that contained in my cars, in my garage. Any extra, such as for lawn mowers etc I store in the garden shed. It might not be absolutely necessary, but it gives me greater peace of mind.