Ford D series how to unlock cab so it tilts

etimret, Jan 19, 8:58am
Hi im trying to tip the cab on a ford d series . I know its easy but ive never done 1. I pulled the lever on the side to unlock but it still seems to catch on something. So i walk away instead of wrecking something. and ask for HELP

theram1, Jan 19, 9:05am
I think you need to rotate the gear lever.

mercbens, Jan 19, 9:06am
From memory - you have to turn the gearlever around before you tilt the cab. There is a latch at the rear of the cab and I think a safety latch by theback of the left front mudguard.
it's been a while since I did one - hope this helps

sas777, Jan 19, 9:11am
Agreed, the latch thing inside the cab can be very tight, depends if a gorilla tightened it last.
Don't forget to clean out the stuff behind the seats or you could bust the windscreen.

etimret, Jan 19, 9:15am
thank u will test tomorrow

frog73, Jan 19, 9:40am
From memory __in side the cab in the center at the back is a lever lift up and unscrew. the one on the outside is the safety catch

mechnificent, Jan 19, 9:47am
What he says.

sandypheet, Jan 19, 8:42pm
Wouldnt mind a dollar for every time I have tipped one of those,#3 has it right.

elenor, Jan 19, 9:02pm
bloody heavy by yourself

robinm1, Jan 19, 9:52pm
A lot easier to tip if both doors are open.

skin1235, Jan 20, 12:39am
lol, I recall well a slightly built young apprentice that did that, and managed to get his overalls caught on something, he was 3 ft off the ground, absolutely helpless, as we were from laughing, the photo stayed on the wall till he qualified