I have a 88 Honda Legend and

black-dahlia, Jan 15, 4:19am
need a new radiator hose, been quoted $140 for a new one which I can't afford does anyone know if any other hose will fit or where I can get a cheaper one!

jmma, Jan 15, 4:22am
Take the old hose to Repco or supercheap and see if they can match it up.

black-dahlia, Jan 15, 4:32am
repco told me $140!

jmma, Jan 15, 4:42am
Take the hose to a radiator repair shop or one of the above and match it up with a cheaper one.

pebbles61, Jan 15, 4:53am
Don't you know what REPCO stands for!

Rip
Every
Poor
C u Next Tuesday
Off

leonard57, Jan 15, 5:32am
that kinda reminds me of the local garage who went downtown (5min away) and brought a new top hose for my grandfathers nissanand fitted it too,all for $130

terry6000, Jan 15, 7:16am
get one from a wreckers

supernova2, Jan 15, 7:54am
Did you get a price from Honda!

thunderbolt, Jan 15, 8:01am
Call partmaster in Hamilton. Should be much cheaper.

black-dahlia, Jan 15, 11:20am
I've just discovered flexable hoses from super cheap, anyone know if that would be ok!

splinter67, Jan 15, 5:09pm
yes one of those will be fine just dont get one too long if you have too bend it too much you will restrict your water flow

strobo, Jan 15, 5:29pm
Talk about pricesof partsyesterdayI priced a turbo charger for a ford falcon (yes from the agents)xr6 2007@$23000 retaillol this for the turbo not the car ! seriously lol I got them to fax the price to be sure to be sure .

kazbanz, Jan 15, 7:33pm
lost in the middle of this thread--HAVE YOU CONTACTED HONDA NZ!

scuba, Jan 15, 9:11pm
+1

sometimes it's like the Repco guys just pull a price out of thin air and throw it at you- has no relevence to their buy price or price of genuine parts.
They just do it cos they can.

thunderbolt, Jan 16, 1:30am
OP.
The 1988 Legend in 2.0, 2.5 and 2.7 variants all take the same top hose and the same bottom hoses.
Both of these hoses are less than $50 retail from Repco.

Either you have been quoted on the wrong part or you have the vehicle information wrong.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 16, 2:26am
Try BNT, someone must have one for a reasonable price. Otherwise order one from the states, its under NZ$20 + shipping for one from there.

pebbles61, Jan 16, 9:00am
This is why modern cars suck lol

nufix72, Jan 17, 2:30pm
Yes modern cars are leaning green these days.

bryshaw, Jan 18, 9:11am
Often Honda Parts are reasonably prices, and if it is NZ new you put in the rego number and all the parts are listed for that vehicle.

pebbles61, Jan 18, 9:26am
They can be as 'green' as they want. As long as I can work on them myself and at a affordable price, I'm happy.