2009 Mazda Demio ABS dash lights on

serious6, Jan 22, 6:34am
Hi,
My 2009 Mazda Demio (import version of Mazda 2) has the ABS light on on the dash.I have topped up the brake fluid.Light stays on.Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be!

Thanks

phillip.weston, Jan 22, 6:41am
I would hazard a guess that it's an ABS fault. take it to a Mazda dealer or a good mechanic to get the ABS fault code scanned. Usually it would be a faulty wheel sensor (could be as simple as dirt stuck on the pick up).

kazbanz, Jan 22, 7:26pm
serious6 -What that light is telling YOU is to take the car to a mechanic.
When you do so don't forget to tell him that you topped the brake fluid up after the light came on.
The mechanic will find out for you what has gone wrong.
The most likely cause is a faulty wheel sensor as PW says but it may be a faulty pump or any of a number of other options.

jhw2, Jan 23, 6:01am
I had a similar, but intermitant, problem with one of my Jaguars, and the out-of-town franchise dealer diagnosed the fault and was going to import a replacement part at a cost of 5,000 Pounds (Not dollars!).My local mechanic had a look, replaced the battery, and it has been fine ever since - apparently the old battery was getting tired and was not firing out quite enough juice to the sensors