Vtnz fail car wof.

Page 2 / 2
mrfxit, Feb 9, 7:43pm
True BUT . there is a "duty of care" that faults are reasonably obvious to find & prove.
Your power steering example is in the above class.
The repeated mystery exhaust leak hasn't been proven by visual or smell . only a "I think I can hear a leak" = suspected.

Some exhaust systems DO make certain noises that echo/ replicate leaks & or whistles/ hiss's etc from factory figment.

mrfxit, Feb 9, 7:45pm
LOL, classic.
Yea theres a few like that depending on age

nightsky1, Feb 9, 10:01pm
So you can't get a WOF for your POS car.
Here's an idea, take it to a wrecker it and buy something that can pass a warrant.
Keep your junk off the road.

johnf_456, Feb 9, 10:07pm
Junk a guy over a simple exhaust leak!

nissan_fan, Feb 9, 11:34pm
We have a smoke tester at work we use for testing exhaust and intake leaks. you block off the exhaust end and it pumps smoke into the exhaust and pressurises it. It makes it real easy to find leaks even ones you cant feel or see

xs1100, Feb 10, 12:14am
yr a brain surgeon by day arent you

mopeds, Feb 10, 12:45am
I took my startlet into VTNZ botany and they failed it on hand brake balance, a classic hard to fix yourself problem, I adjusted them by skidding on stones, took it back and they failed it again, this time the VTNZ inspector actually motioned to the Pitstop next door, they are supposed to be impartial, I didn't, I waited a month and took to AA onehunga and it passed first pop, never been back to a VTNZ, and always take the opportunity to bad mouth them.

sandypheet, Feb 10, 1:25am
Skidding on stones,now thats a great idea,should never have waisted my time all these years by actually looking for the problem.

NZTools, Feb 10, 1:37am
Its an easy way to test brake imbalance. Hit the brakes on gravel then look at the skidmarks. If they dont start evenly, you have problems.

llortmt, Feb 10, 5:25am
Not that you're bitter about it or anything LOL

mrfxit, Feb 10, 5:29am
It's a good start but needs to be followed up with a concrete pad brake test

Too easy to skid on gravel