Honda accord stalled twice on me

simeon_, Feb 7, 9:13am
jus bought a sir accord 1993 , has a 2.2 in it,160k.automatic.it stalled when i rolled into my drive. and again when i rolled up to lights at low revs both times.any suggestions .previous owner said try 96 only.and said it never happened to him.i put 20 dollars 91 in it since i bought .fuel was low when it stalled .fuel light not on thou.

a.woodrow, Feb 7, 9:32am
Could be a number of things, plugs could be worn, could have an idle issue or a timing issue, could have a vacuum leak

lugee, Feb 7, 10:02am
By the way, that H22A engine is designed to run 95 octane minimum, you should be putting that in anyway. It won't be running particularly well on 91.

simeon_, Feb 7, 10:05am
ok do worn plugs have this affect!as for timing it seems to be running ok other than the stalling.vacuum leak !around the inlet manifold ! jus check the black rubber pipes!.

lugee, Feb 7, 10:06am
Also, common failure of Honda's of that age. The main PGM-FI fuel relay gets cracked joints over years of the relay coils vibrating around. You don't have to replace it if you can solder.

simeon_, Feb 7, 10:45am
where do i check for cracks! where is the relay!

lugee, Feb 7, 11:31am
Can you describe the nature of the stall; suddenly dies, spluttered for a bit etc.

simeon_, Feb 7, 12:04pm
bit of both short splutter then dies

panelvanner, Feb 9, 1:38am
Check the power relay as in the vids, Youtube: 'eric the car' guy is the man. I fixed my2.2 Honda Odyssey the same way. My honda was stalling the odd time, and then a lot, then finally no start at all. I found the info after a poster put up the youtube link, so just returning the favour!
Panelvanner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch!v=viIZ8k60awY