Good cheap head unit that iPhone can plug into

doublexiao, Feb 10, 9:40pm
I'd like to get a head unit for my girlfriend, as a valentines present. She's been wanting something she can plug her iPhone into for a long time. We've tried various FM transmitters but the quality is poor. A basic AUX input would be better,

Anyone know of a good deal on at the moment! I don't know much about car audio. Eventually I'd like to upgrade her speakers too but just the head unit for now. It's a peugot 307 and I'd need to have it installed.

saxman99, Feb 10, 10:01pm
I've just done an install in our Pug 307 - it was pretty straightforward. I put in a Pioneer unit with USB/iPod connector which works and sounds great.

The Pug uses ISO connectors which is cool because you can pick up adapters for your head unit so no mucking about with cutting and joining wiring.If your factory stereo uses the Pug remote and/or the dash display these will no longer work with an aftermarket stereo, although this doesn't matter and won't cause any issues.

One interesting wrinkle is that the economy mode which the car triggers after the key has been turned off for a certain amount of time cuts power to the stereo.What this basically means is that sometimes the stereo will work without the key being on, and sometimes it won't.It's a bit weird until you realise why.

Hope that helps, Good Luck!