Tow truck costs?

missing1, Feb 12, 9:17pm
So my 2000 Toyota estima has had steam pouring from the radiator, radiator cap is in pieces and now sounds like a tractor! Thinking driving it the 5km to mechanic will likely do more damage so any idea of tow truck prices! Do they charge per km or a set call out rate! Ta

bjmh, Feb 12, 9:22pm
maybe you need to offer a bit more info,where you've broken down.nearset town.where you want vehicle to go.

scoobeey, Feb 12, 9:24pm
Sorry to hear the toyota steamer has toasted just ring up a towey.They will give you a rate . I know when ever ive used a truck towey for a heavy vechile its 220 an hr :)

directorylist, Feb 12, 9:51pm
Think it costs me about $100 to tow my Avenger with a blown gearbox from Mana to Wellington city. that was a fair few years ago.

Ring around, they are generally quite happy to give you a price over the phone.

btw i wouldnt drive it there, assuming its 5km, might be worthwhile seeing if you can get a mate to tow rope you there!

directorylist, Feb 12, 9:52pm
Or talk to the Mechanic, they might be able to go get it for you (for a fee)

supernova2, Feb 12, 9:58pm
Guess you dont have roadside rescue, AA etc.Probably couple of hundy.Don't want to ruin you day but cost of repairs might be close to the value of your vehicle.

Its a real problem when it's not mobile as it not easy to get quotes for repairs.Unless you have a pet mechanic I'd be getting on the phone to mechanics close to where the car is and see if they can help you.

directorylist, Feb 12, 10:01pm
Yeah, this unfortunately. If its sounding like a tractor its probably cooked the engine.

meathead_timaru, Feb 12, 11:20pm
Gee that's unusual for one of those.