Have had my car listed

Page 2 / 2
kazbanz, Feb 14, 12:18am
trade4us2 -Because you asked heres my feedback.
Your Main picture is the "money shot" so needs to be the best pic of the car you can get.
Of your current shots I'd use shot 10 which is the picture of the right hand side of the car taken from the front right. Second pic would be the full on side shot of the right.
I'd reshoot the front on shot because its not as good as the other shots.
Id reshoot the current main shot with the car not against a kerb.
Id reshoot the back shot -same reason as the front shot.
-I do what PW says-Basicly imagine you are looking at the car in the "flesh" -so have the pics walk round the car then look inside then anything of special int3erest.
-I prefer a simple background in a complimentary color rather than stuff to see so maybee sunny day on grass.

rayonline_tm, Feb 14, 12:38am
I just had a look at it, not car person myself.My 2c.It's a bit on the expensive side.Me thinking low $2000.When there is no WOF, it maybe an assumption but I think of the possibility of further work required to get it road worthy.

Had a look there are a variety of those cars avail . I saw one 1600, I know your one is 1800 but that is hardly any diff to most people who just want a car get them from A to B.One listing was from late January of a price of $2500 ONO, still going .

theram1, Feb 14, 12:42am
Good idea using shots from different parts of the country. Did you visit Tane Mahuta while you were up there!.

curlcrown, Feb 14, 12:42am
This is a very popular model of car. I dissagree with the poster above who said it is not a popular model, it is. It is old but it is a modern shape for what it is,its a good colour, a hatch and good on petrol, all things which are sought after. But as others have said, a decnt groom, some better photos and a new WOF. And renew the listing. Put $2950. Its all very well to say you can't get more pictures just now but if you want it to sell quicly you have to find a way.

funkydunky, Feb 14, 12:43am
You must get a WOF - who wants to drive a car away then get pinged on the way home!!

curlcrown, Feb 14, 12:45am
Oh, you don't have to pay to relist it either, just let the listing expire rather than extending it and you can do it for free.

monaro17, Feb 14, 12:55am
Unsure if it has already been said but try listing it as an auction (start and reserve price) rather than as a classified (asking price). Those sell better

trade4us2, Feb 14, 1:35am
I certainly did. I drove from Auckland to Kohukohu and back to Orewa on less than one tank of petrol.

kazbanz, Feb 14, 4:46am
One tank in those is 120l though isn't it! -not being a smartalec genuine thought

shannon111, Feb 14, 4:55am
Quick question, I'm trying to sell my car on here. Do you think my price is realistic! I've had a few people test drive and no one had mentioned it being too expensive but obviously it hasn't sold yet. I don't really know much about the value so help would be awesome.

kazbanz, Feb 14, 5:03am
Fix the rust and get a ding man (paintless dent repairs) to pop the dent out then redo the advert. -The repairs should be about $200 all upThe price for a kiwi manual wingroad (kiwi badged as a pulsar wagon) looks pretty darn good to me if its tidy
But as per the advice above you need decent pics-Fill the frame with car not background

murray55, Feb 14, 7:30am
As it is in your photos I think the only way you will sell it reasonably quickly is to lower the price dramatically. I'm sorry, and I realise it is purely my opinion, but I wouldn't offer more than $2500 .with the accident damage, small amount of rust, paper screwed up on passenger floor, and dirty engine compartment it looks like a tired piece of basic Jap A to B. Your may get a lot more .this is only my opinion. Good luck.

edangus, Feb 14, 7:34am
OK, trusted Motor Boarders. I will have a verdict on mine too (Bear in mind I am in no hurry to sell) It is a lovely ornament.

jmma, Feb 14, 7:52am
Get rid of the Dog in the pictures, It says the car is full of fur. Most people don't like that (o:

edangus, Feb 14, 7:59am
Will try, she is a bit of a camera slapper that one!

kazbanz, Feb 14, 8:17am
Basicly as per the advice to everyone-You have 20 pictures so use em.
8 outside pics-RF corner,right side,front on left side lf corner and boot.
Then inside the car at least 6 shots-looking into drivers door looking at the front from the back etc. Then in the boot ,under bonnet etc.
I'd shoot on a sunny day and again with a silver car id shoot so the background isgrass. so a single color.Again make the car fill the frame.-You are selling a car not a house or a driveway or a dog.

edangus, Feb 14, 8:31am
Cheers. I am a shite photographer. WIll give it a go in the weekend.

westwyn, Feb 14, 9:56am
Edangus, price-wise I think you are probably a little on the high side, if only because the market is flooded with older Euros that few people want- it truly is a buyer's market out there for this sort of stuff, and the mid-Nineties 7-series is nothing special, with an appetite for expensive repairs. For example- at Turners this week in the budget-banger auction, there were no less than six Volvos, ten BMW's, four Pugsnots, numerous Audis, even a Saab. and few found buyers, or if they did, prices were sluggish.

Photos- use your twenty allocation, and do a shoot on a sunny day, with your main view either a three-quarter right front or left front, the lens on your camera not quite set on wide-angle (pushes the back away too much), the sun behind you (so both the side and the front of the car is in good light) and with the car filling the frame. Consider a neutral background with some "clean" colour- grass, sky, trees etc- silver lends itself to this naturally, and does not look so good on plain asphalt.

Don't hold the camera up too high, or too low, in your main view- you want a "natural" line of sight.

Shoot the interior in the shade so you don't get sun flash- too much contrast between light and shade.

Good luck with your sale!

edangus, Feb 14, 7:55pm
Thanks and duly noted. I based price on what else is on the market that is the same - did not go broader. I thought I might be selling it too cheap as most have a lot higher kms and are imports. Therefore making people think its a pile of junk. Its not, but I think its a "fair" price. $5K + would be robbing people.

kazbanz, Feb 14, 8:25pm
Funnilly enough arty farty pictures tend to not be as good for advertising as clear ,crisp pictures where the subject (car) fills the frame.
Basicly IMO the pic needs to have the bumpers JUST within the frame.
The background needs to be contrasting to the cars color
A silvery color car needs a green background.
Hey where in westyland are ya based!

edangus, Feb 14, 9:13pm
Massey, others tend to give it a flashier name. Its that Alpine Silver Colour, so its a Purplish Silver with the Grape Interior. Its a love it or loathe it colour.

edangus, Feb 22, 10:22pm
Ok, finally got the new pics done. Thank you all.

Feel free to place further feedback on Pics.