Your fastest speed ever achieved on a motorbike?

Page 1 / 8
msj23, Mar 10, 7:20am
anyone hit some high speeds!

gunhand, Mar 10, 7:25am
Oh dear, this will be good. waiting for the 320kph claims to come.
Once those kind of speeds are reached the speedos are generally waaaaay out so an indicated speed is usually a long way off actual speed.
But anyway 270kph and still getting faster two up (indicated). Its not something I really recommend though.

apollo11, Mar 10, 7:26am
I always follow the speed limit h'officer :o).

meathead_timaru, Mar 10, 7:26am
278km/h GPS verified. Over the tank, flat road. Closed road, of course.

brummoi, Mar 10, 7:27am
110 mental!

msj23, Mar 10, 7:27am
even 120kph or so gives a decent rush.

gunhand, Mar 10, 7:28am
YEP, when something goes wrong its a hell of a rush.

msj23, Mar 10, 7:28am
You must have a decent set of stones to get a bike up to 270kph. I'd be packing myself

msj23, Mar 10, 7:31am
thats balls deep committment! Well done. If i had a bike at that speed i would be sh*t scared

smac, Mar 10, 7:31am
From memory about 120kph, maybe 130! Can't remember the gearing. RX125

gunhand, Mar 10, 7:32am
Decent set of stupidity really. BUT in saying that if you choose the place time weather traffis flow etc its not that bad.And of course suitable bike.Still even though it wasn't that long ago in the scheme of things its not something I search out these days. But ya gotta try at least once in a life time LOL.

bigfatmat1, Mar 10, 7:34am
Ghost rider makes it look easy wheel stands at 300+ kmh .

msj23, Mar 10, 7:34am
I wonder what the fastest speed ever achieved on a motorbike is! Not one of those turbo rocket cars on two wheels but an actual motorbike

msj23, Mar 10, 7:34am
Nic cage has some stones lol

gunhand, Mar 10, 7:36am
GP bikes can do 340kph quite happly on the track so you have to wonder how fast they would get geared for top speed and a loooong straight.

bigfatmat1, Mar 10, 7:37am
wrong ghost rider YouTube ghost rider i meant

msj23, Mar 10, 7:40am
Oh that guy is epic. Didnt he get killed tho!

meathead_timaru, Mar 10, 7:41am
Only the once just to see what it would do at about 3am. That was about 5 years ago - I wouldn't do it now - too old and frail. not sure I could hang on so well.

msj23, Mar 10, 7:42am
motorcylists seem to be alpha males. They are real bad ass

jmma, Mar 10, 7:45am
220kph onHonda boldour, it wanted to go faster, but that was enough for me (o:
Only got small ones (o:

meathead_timaru, Mar 10, 7:46am
Absolutely. I was the only vehicle on the road, except the truck-trailer combo in the left lane that I passed at near top speed.

Some people die without ever having even lived, so scared to do anything. Bungy jumping and parachuting don't even interest me - that's for people who get scared thinking it's dangerous just because height is involved.

meathead_timaru, Mar 10, 7:48am
A CBX750F2 Rollerdoor or a 1000! Wouldn't have had much more in it either way. My mates GS1000ST was good for about 240km/h indicated but that was at least 10% optimistic.

meathead_timaru, Mar 10, 7:51am
Hahaha whatever you say. But I don't buy into that pigeon hole psychologist mumbo jumbo. People have to live their own lives how they want. If they want to do it standing on the sidelines watching everyone else live, until they croak with cancer, so be it.

speedwayfan1, Mar 10, 7:51am
50kmh on a honda express (it has 2 wheels and an engine.it's a motorbike right!)

meathead_timaru, Mar 10, 7:52am
Might be a moped.