Impounded car got stolen,Now that would be gutting

Page 1 / 2
mbikeman1, Mar 12, 5:22am
was just reading about a Nissan gtr that was impounded in chch and then stolen from the yard and stripped.Then the owner found out it had happened through facebook.You would think it would have been safe.Thats just piss poor.To top it off they towed the stripped out car back to the same yard lol

mbikeman1, Mar 12, 5:23am

a.woodrow, Mar 12, 5:51am
Hey if he hadn't been silly and got it impounded.

intrade, Mar 12, 5:59am
well you dont let them inpound your car i would say its somhow anyhow illegal what they do its high time somone takes impounding to the high court

meathead_timaru, Mar 12, 6:14am
Inside job.

meathead_timaru, Mar 12, 6:16am
It hasn't yet been proven in a court that he did.

twink19, Mar 12, 7:11am
makes you think it was

n1smo_gtir, Mar 12, 7:17am
agreed, with a 30grand car, mr hill should have had atleast a gps tracker installed to monitor his ride.

what he did to get his car in the impound is one thing, having it stolen out of a supposed secure yard is another. he shouldn't drive like a knob but then his car could have still ended up in the impound for less serious offence like parking in business car park when the business knocked off for the week but not aware the area is monitored regardless 24/7.

trogedon, Mar 12, 7:21am
What does a 23 year old work at to afford a (supposed) $30k car!!

wheelmann, Mar 12, 7:35am
Could be any numbers of things. At that age I had a 14k car and thousands in savings. Some people own a home at that age.

msj23, Mar 12, 7:50am
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA What a muppet.

edangus, Mar 12, 7:59am
Yeah, that really smells far to fishy.

treachug, Mar 12, 8:20am
By whom!The car owner or the storage owner!

neville48, Mar 12, 8:23am
Poor bugger, thats a collectible car too, hope someone has to answer dearly for this bit of bullshite and a bit of real effort put into finding his bits.

austingtir, Mar 12, 8:35am
These cars have been at the stage where imo they are not even worth owning for about the last 10 years or so.You basically cant let the things out of your sight you cant park them anywere that you dont know the area you can trust mechanics to work on them and do the job right and the thing that really bugs me is they are not really a rare car at all.The production numbers for the r32 GTR are 50,000+ cars!

Dont get me wrong i love them and always wanted one but I really think they are just not worth the hassle these days.

meathead_timaru, Mar 12, 10:28am
Someone with lawful access to the vehicles in the 'secure' yard.

meathead_timaru, Mar 12, 10:29am
School, a few years earlier.

pnh4, Mar 12, 10:54am
Sounds like that Port job last year did he get his Impala back!

meathead_timaru, Mar 12, 8:22pm
I only vaguely remember that one so I'm not sure.

But speaking of this sort of thing reminded me. what happened about the joyriding towies and the girl with the GPS tracker in her car in East Auckland!

meathead_timaru, Mar 12, 8:30pm

elect70, Mar 13, 2:59am
Its happened before, usuallydue to inside infobut the towies accept no responsibilitytheysay all cars stored at owners risk .

austingtir, Mar 13, 4:03am
That is awesome finally somebody strung up one of these dodgy ass wreckers.Everybody knows its them or their associates that are behind most of this stuff.Its catching them in the act thats difficult as they are all well practiced at it.

jahemian, Mar 13, 4:12am
Heh. I commented and said "Serves you right for having a shit car".

Boy racers are annoying. Mainly because the cops have their sirens on ALL THE TIME around CHCH and it PISSES ME OFF. (I'm obviously not a townie. only recently moved back into town after dairy farming. ahhh. silence.)

jahemian, Mar 13, 4:13am
They actually impound good cars too! Wow. Dick's.

robnob78, Mar 13, 6:49am
really! i have 3 mates under 23 that own houses and have 20+k utes/cars/boats. its called working hard and spending wisely.