Tune up for a 3s-FE motor

ghost-roaster, Mar 9, 9:33pm
It's in a NZ new ST191 Corona. Done the plugs,air filter, cap etc. Goes OK, but just seems a bit gutless and a bit thirsty. Is the a MAP (or sim) that I can check for carbon build up etc. Car has done 450k, but doesn't use much oil (about 1L per 10,000k) and compression seems fine.

intrade, Mar 9, 9:36pm
ummm there is one flaw in your post, it uses 1 liter per 10 tausend km! ad how mutchkm get the oil and filter doneevery 100 tausend or what!

a.woodrow, Mar 9, 10:15pm
There's nothing wrong with what they posted, the car is using a litre of oil every 10,000km which is presumeably the service interval. Typical oil consumption/leakage for a corona

mugenb20b, Mar 10, 1:00am
You can clean out the throttle body, but may pay to also replace the fuel filter and check that you don't have a blocked exhaust.

intrade, Mar 10, 1:26am
most older cars had 5000 to 7500km that was somtimes ammended when better oil was available. also a fact is at 450 tausend the engine will be closer to dead then alive if it is the original engine.

a.woodrow, Mar 10, 2:59am
ST191 coronas have always been 10k intervals, and if it's done 450k then the engine is just about run in, probably good for another 450k with regular maintenance

andrewph, Mar 10, 4:00am
Checked the cam timing!

ghost-roaster, Mar 12, 8:57am
Got this car about 6years ago. Just keeps on going. Nothing really wrong with the motor, even with the amount of K's on it. Still the original motor. Does about 10K per 1 litre of petrol around town and about 11K per litre on the open road. Is that bam out right for a auto! .

skull, Mar 12, 9:44am
That sounds like a lot of fuel for that engine, I'm getting 8 km/l around town ans 12 km/l open road with a 3.5 litre Totota Blade auto, I'm going to own Saudi Arabia soon.