Mechanical warranty providers?

acura, Mar 8, 12:26am
What would you guys recommend as mechanical warranty - autosure, AA! This is for a Toyota blade with 94,000k on the clock.

kazbanz, Mar 8, 1:11am
Acura-AA and Autosure are the exact same policy just different color paper.
There are other companies out there but I've seen too many come and go over the years to sell their product with confidence

acura, Mar 8, 1:25am
Thanks for that. So would you rate them ok (autosure/AA)!

frytime, Mar 9, 4:02am
try your local toyota dealer. have had great use of there warrenty system. no excess on toyota cars and desent max claim value, no limit on number of claims

kazbanz, Mar 9, 4:41am
Yep as long as you have the vehicle serviced by Toyota at the toyota dealership. -so in other words pay about $4000 for the policy

kazbanz, Mar 9, 4:41am
Either or are great cover.

thejazzpianoma, Mar 9, 4:56am
They are a stupid grossly over rated vehicle. Just a slap together gimmick that really shows through poor handling and a real lack of refinement. They only seem a good idea if all you have ever driven/owned is Toyota Corolla's and the like.

Go and drive a Mk5 Golf GTI or Audi A3 Turbo (same car different shell), and compare the drive, fuel economy, features and handling. Just so much more car for about the same money and much better on fuel.

The only reason anyone would buy a Blade is if they believe the nonsense wives tails used to sell used Japanese imports in this country.

tgray, Mar 9, 5:04am
Do you ever stop!
Your one-guy-against-the -world mantra is getting a bit long in the the tooth.
Poster, Do NOT buy a Golf and stick to your Toyota - you will thank me later.
A Golf or Audi will give you the two happiest days of your life - The day you buy it and the day you sell it.
I won't post again, so Jazzman can tell me what a troll I am.

petal_91, Mar 9, 7:47am
Just googled what a Blade is, seems it is a Corolla sized hatch, but with a 3.5L V6 206kW engine.Way cool!

franc123, Mar 9, 8:05am
The most joy comes from the privelage of pushing the button on the crusher and you free society of the expense of owning a VAG product, especially if you have had the misery of owning a total liability like an old A3.And no I'm not a Toyota advocate either!

kazbanz, Mar 9, 8:22am
And that has WHAT to do with which warranty company to use!

countrypete, Mar 9, 8:25am
Seems like he's off his meds again.

incar., Mar 9, 8:32am
there is a reason why some insurance companies (mechanical) don't insure euro cars!,

grangies, Mar 9, 8:34am
I wouldn't even bother with a mechanical warranty on it.

Just get it serviced at it's proper intervals and you should be fine.

ducatiss, Mar 9, 9:32am
Every time I feel the need to own an Audi, I remind myself of the last time I owned one, and think about the systematic failure of just about every system in the car one by one as the vehicle left the warranty period and got to 120 thousand km's. Then I think about the bitter sweet feeling as I finally managed to trade it in for a pittance on a Honda that ran like a swiss watch for 12 years and over 200 thousand km's.Never again !

thejazzpianoma, Mar 9, 9:46am
Absolutely nothing of course. just looked like a pot in need of a stir. @

frytime, Mar 9, 11:35pm
umm, no. just keep it serviced to Toyota's sepc and they will be happy. i serviced mine at home and just kept the recipts

kazbanz, Mar 10, 12:34am
How many warranty claims did you make during the "free" warranty period!

frytime, Mar 10, 1:12am
about $20,000.00. 6 claims i think

kazbanz, Mar 10, 6:03am
I find that VERY hard to believe unless you happen to be a qualified mechanic and can prove you carried out all servicing according to all toyota specs.

acura, Mar 11, 8:44am
Woo i should have checked back. Thanks for all you responses.
Much appreciated. Going with AA for a year - just in case :)