Young Punks fiddling with your car!

Page 2 / 2
tgray, Mar 5, 12:24am
I took my 2012 camaro convertible (approx value $75k) to Kumeu car show this year and you wouldn't believe how many people felt the need to touch it, run their hands along it (rings on their fingers), lean against it (zippers on back of their jean pockets), and even open the door and jump in, all whilst I was standing at the back of it watching them.
Pre schoolers are the worst as they like to grap your wing mirrors and try to swing on them, all while their parents look adorably at them and say nothing.
When I tell them to stop, mum and dad give me the evil stare!

mrfxit, Mar 5, 1:07am
Didn't do me any good in the end with my ex wife tho ;-(

whqqsh, Mar 5, 3:27am
I hate anyone touching cars that arent theirs. Was at a show once & found a whole family had climbed into a mates hot rod, mum behind the wheel, kids jumping around in the back etc. I asked them politely to get out & they werent too happy telling me 'but the door was unlocked' apparently giving them the 'right' to climb in.
I even hate windscreen washers squirting their dishwashing liquid crap on my windscreen or at a show an advertiser got a serve when they decided EVERYONES car 'needed' silicon tyreshine on anything rubber & plastic.

lookoutas, Mar 5, 5:17am
Got back from delivering a customers car last week, to find a local deprived person hot footing it with the hat that was sitting on the front seat of my convertible. I had to impress on her that I need that hat when driving with the top down. She knew enough to know there was a For Sale sign in the front window, and promptly told me the car was for sale but the hat wasn't.
"Yeah - but that doesn't mean you reach in and pinch it!"

Sorry promo cops. But there was no other way of describing it.

valiantpaul, Mar 5, 5:32am
some dudes pay good money to have hands in their rims!

johnf_456, Mar 5, 5:57am
I agree totally, especially when you have rain-x on your glass. Makes wet weather driving much more bearable for those who don't know what it is(makes the rain blow off the glass, so little to no need for wipers on the motorway going home).

Its like some thieves that say its okay to steal because the window was open.

theram1, Mar 5, 6:00am
Rain ex and cold winter mornings don't mix. Instant fog on the outside.

johnf_456, Mar 5, 6:03am
I don't find that problem, I have used it for a few years myself.

theram1, Mar 5, 6:13am
When I was working nights, the car was parked outside, misted windscreen was a problem.
Good stuff for making rain stream off.

johnf_456, Mar 5, 6:14am
True, true, interesting.

trogedon, Mar 5, 7:54am
I'd feel honoured to have anybody touch our cars at the moment but since our most used car has only had to have a tie rod done in the last 10 years and 2 months I'm not complaining.

edangus, Mar 5, 8:51am
Well, thats a nice wee email from trade me. Anyone wish to fess up!
Certainly need to seperate the men from the boys round here.

I guess context doesn't count huh!

edangus, Mar 5, 8:51am
Ewwwwww

neville48, Mar 5, 8:53am
Plus 1 big time , stoopid parents !

edangus, Mar 5, 8:54am
Nup, thats the old girl. It was the new one (300C).
I was furious. Why are we raising our kids to think that this sort of behaviour is OK!

edangus, Mar 5, 8:58am
Pics from 1998 don't count.

_mrsedangus_, Mar 5, 9:07pm
LOL
One does not Fornicate Under Consent of the King in motoring huh - or was it the *#%^&symbols that got you a rev!

Pats sensitive motoring souls on head - sticks and stones and all that

*starts organising contents of garage by colour*
TAKE THAT!

steptoe72, Mar 5, 10:09pm
LOL thats a tranny checking spark plugs.

splinter67, Mar 5, 11:56pm
Ummm your gunna be in trouble for that organizing the garage that is lol please send pics so we can all have a laugh