Help please wheel alignments/ tyres blonde questio

theram1, Mar 4, 4:56am
Last one I had it was $60.00.

splinter67, Mar 4, 4:57am
Thats bloody expensive for a wheel alignment. But they are correct get it done or your new tyres will be knackered within a month

intrade, Mar 4, 4:58am
na thats not normal. unless your tyres have been badly worn. plus 99$ is exessive for a alignement. i would like to know what the charge is for the tyre and what brand tyre ! normal is about 65$ for a alignement

a.woodrow, Mar 4, 4:58am
May have been recommended because of the way your old tyres were wearing. You don't HAVE to get one, but it's probably in you best interests to do so. $99 is too much for a front end alignment IMO. If your old tyres had worn nice and even, I wouldn't bother with a wheel alignment

greghale, Mar 4, 5:00am
yep They will need to be done. $99 bit over the top . Maybe it needs tie rod ends too.

intrade, Mar 4, 5:00am
you only need a alignement if your tyres are worn on the inside or outside exessively. not when the tyre is evenly worn out. plus a alignment should only be done if the suspension components are not having any faults like play etc. few pictures picture wear indicator is a even worn tyre and no alignment is required.
http://spiresautocentre.com/wheel-alignment

intrade, Mar 4, 5:11am
what do your old tyres look like ! and answer post 4 what tyres and cost have they told you for them 2 tyre.!

m16d, Mar 4, 5:23am
Last wheel alignment I had was $60.
Wheel alignment is cheaper than new tires.

unbeatabull, Mar 4, 5:33am
Depends on vehicle and how much is actually done in the W/A. If just a quick toe adjustment and check of camber/castor etc then $99 is probably a little steep, but is still cheaper then having to buy more tyres again soon.

Depending on vehicle though, if they need to adjust camber and castor as well it could well take a decent amount of time. Some cars can take a bit of labour to get adjusting plates or bushes or whatever the method required is to actually adjust them and if it is difficult $99 would certainly cover it fairly.

yogibearz, Mar 4, 5:40am
Thats too expensive, as others have said$60 is more like it .

intrade, Mar 4, 6:00am
are the tyres worn out evenly!

jmma, Mar 4, 6:00am
Someone seen a BMW, thinks, MONEY, we will charge $99 for a wheel alignment, they can afford it.
That sounds shocking to me.

splinter67, Mar 4, 6:02am
And me the tyres seem a little expensive as well

splinter67, Mar 4, 6:09am
Go into chch you save more than it costs you to drive there

intrade, Mar 4, 6:10am
what size are the pirelli p zero!
and if you dont know go to the car and post what is currently fitted 205 45 R17 for example or 185 70 R14

buddynz1, Mar 4, 6:16am
normally around 65 for a wheel alignment

intrade, Mar 4, 6:18am
price for pirelli of that size is not exessive . but the alignement is to high , you would want a full printout of all 4 wheels and its adjustment for that price or you take it somwhere else for a alignement for a toe adjustment 60$ is plenty

edangus, Mar 4, 8:06am
$100 for Front and Rear Alignment! That seems OK to me. Front only way to expensive.

joanie32, Mar 4, 9:22am
Pay less, expect less. Toe and go is not an allignment.

elect70, Mar 5, 3:07am
Go to Amain tyre dealerusually$65they willgive you aprint out of before& after, well worth it for expensive tyresesp if youdriveithard .