Spark plugs/plug leads question Toyota Corsa

rpvr, Feb 21, 3:18am
Had a misfire in my 1998 Toyota Corsa (4E/FE motor) and on investigating, found I could not get the lead from no 1 cylinder off. When it eventually came off, the end bit was still stuck on the plug - so new lead needed. Can I get just one, or have to get the whole set!
Second question. I noticed a small sticker saying to fit twin ground electrode plugs, and sure enough, that is what the current plugs are. Have had 2 starlets before with the 4E/FE motor and no requirement for these plugs. What is the story here! What would happen if I fitted the normal type of plug!

mugenb20b, Feb 21, 6:03am
1. Best to get the whole set.
2. Use what's recommended, it's probably done to reduce emissions.

rpvr, Feb 21, 7:57am
Thanks. I know it's probably best to replace all the leads, it's just that the car has only done 93,000k and one lead has been damaged because it was seized onto the plug for whatever reason. The other two cars in the family with the same motor and plug leads did well over 220,000k and the original leads were still going strong. If it is possible to buy one I am tempted.
The plugs still look ok at this point, but the reason i asked is that I happen to have a brand new set of conventional single electrode plugs sitting on the shelf, bought for previous car and not used.

len_f, Mar 2, 10:33am
hi I had the same problem with my 4efe engine you might consider going to a toyota wrecker and get one lead of the same length .If he hasent got one a 5afe lead will do the trick.run a volt meter over it to measure the resistance ,a much cheeper option than paying repco or supercheep a $160 for a non toyota set cheers