Husky Chainsaw NO SPARK

bevharris1938, Oct 18, 10:25pm
I have a multi meter , is there anyway to check the coil or what ever it is that makes the spark ! Ive tested the spark plug in my motorbike and it sparks good. Whats the next move !

bevharris1938, Oct 18, 10:30pm
BTW , i have pulled the 1 wire of the ON/OFF switch , still no spark , then earthed the wire direct to the body , no spark.

steve312, Oct 18, 10:53pm
A lot of the time the problem with ignition systems on chainsaws is a short through the switch or a dirty earth contact on the stator plate behind the flywheel.The on/off switch just earths the electrical impulse from the stator coil so manually earthing the switch wire is the same as turning the switch off.Try it again with the switch wire disconnected and not earthed.If still no spark, I would be taking the stator plate of and sanding the mounting/earth clean and remounting the plate.Good luck.

bevharris1938, Oct 18, 11:18pm
How do you pull the flywheel off ! Got the nut off , do you need a flywheel puller ! Or some other trick !

floscey, Oct 19, 2:49am
have you checked the air gapbetween flywheel and coil!

floscey, Oct 19, 2:52am
what model is it!

bevharris1938, Oct 19, 3:57am
hi floscey , cant read model number , i think it ends in 01. Going round to a mates place tomorrow to pull the flywheel off, check the stator plate in earthed.

bevharris1938, Oct 19, 4:51am
haha sounds like a 12a.

snoopy221, Oct 19, 6:50am
Very much doubt the model number ends in 01.
And if ya can't see the coil next to the flywheel it's gotta be an older husky with the coil under the flywheel.
and earthing the kill switch wire will give no spark-as that is how the switch stops em.

bevharris1938, Oct 19, 6:53am
There is no spark with the wire on or off the switch , coil under flywheel.

snoopy221, Oct 19, 6:59am
There is no spark with the wire on or off the switch , coil under flywheel.

At ANY point-even where it connects the coil-the wire can have frayed insulation and resultant no spark.
a piece of fuel line can be fitted over the wire to insulate it.
also some under flywheel early huskies have points.
But again no pictures of saw or model number-or even bar size given here.

snoopy221, Oct 19, 7:05am
go here

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/GasbyManufacturer!OpenView&Start=30&Count=30&Expand=54#54

use **next page** to see huskies by model number. some have pictures-might help in idenifying ya beastie.

bevharris1938, Oct 19, 7:40am
None of those pictures really looks like mine , the closest is the 140S

snoopy221, Oct 19, 8:06am
140s
points saw.only one bar retaining nut on side cover
ah well if it is then ya gotz ya pnts gp nd all ya specs.
aye.

bevharris1938, Oct 19, 8:22am
cheers snoop

bevharris1938, Oct 20, 12:11am
UPDATE . the saw has no points, sanded the mounting points for the stator , found wire the goes to switch located under the stator has insulation missing , put sealant over the wire just in case it was in contact with the body. reassembled and still no spark :-(

snoopy221, Oct 20, 2:25am
If itz gotz no pointz.
Then it has an electronic ignition module.and either the kill switch wire is earthing. or the module is naffed. depending on colour of the module either trader.russ39.jedwan1. or motorman21. may well have one

ljs, Jan 6, 6:52pm
Checkout the high tension lead, take the plug fitting off put in a small nail into the lead and see if there is any spark if there is cut a small bit off the lead and reassemble.