BMW warning light help please

edangus, Feb 27, 9:27pm
The Hazard sign (triangle and circle) is - Traction control off

fiatracer, Feb 27, 9:30pm
perhaps it has blown a couple of fuses - traction control and something else, or a fuse and a bulb.

hpaul, Feb 27, 9:34pm
Yep - yellow one's traction control light warning, but as it's only a 318i it shouldn't cause any wheelspin issues ; )

kukimonster, Feb 27, 9:43pm
thank you all so much.The other warning light!The red one. any ideas!

fiatracer, Feb 27, 11:00pm
if you mean the 'door open' warning - either a door isnt closed, or something is wrong with the mechanism - perhaps the little switch [that is on or off depending on door being open or closed] is damaged

haventrader, Feb 28, 12:17am
Could well be you've blown a lamp. If the terminals are a bit dirty and the connection not good, it would show the same.

kukimonster, Feb 28, 12:38am
Doors are all closed, will check if anything in the boot around the clip.Usually when the door is open, the little lamps around that warning light are not normally on.First time Ive seen the 'lamps' around the warning light.Thanks haventrader - will check that too.Thanks everyone for your advice.

therafter1, Feb 28, 2:09am
By lamps I think the poster means bulbs, as in tail stop, position etc.

bmwnz, Feb 28, 3:56am
To us electrical types, 'lamps' is the preferred correct terminology.

footplate1, Feb 28, 4:40am
The yellow one is an ABS warning lamp.But it may only be a circuit issue.But, in case it is a sign the ABS system has failed, I would have the car checked.I had mine checked twice in my previous 330 and it was not the ABS system.Whew!

MIght as well get the other checked at the same time.Just be hopeful it is not the whole display system - I had to have mine replaced three Beamers back.

monsieurl, Feb 28, 6:12am
I'm sure you were meaning three Bimmers back ;)

@ the OP, visit bimmersport.co.nz you will get all the help with your BMW you need.

ola_bitchola1, Feb 28, 6:27am
bulbs are for planting in the ground as my boss said to me when i was and apprentice

therafter1, Feb 28, 6:40am
10, 12 and 14

The I??

monsieurl, Feb 28, 7:14am
1001% + 1 ^^

doug207, Feb 28, 7:26am
The one in the middle is DSC switched off, that's the traction control
The "lamps" surrounding your car door warning are headlight and tail light failure warnings.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php!attachmentid=427305&d=1322764717 this may help

outbidyou2, Feb 28, 8:44am
Lamps you find on the coffee table.!

Geez your'e too techo for us *looks on with awe*

carclan, Feb 28, 10:01am
Tip petrol all over it and then light a match, all warning lights go out and give no futher trouble.

clark20, Feb 28, 11:11am
I thought they were globes! Lamp is the whole unit, as in headlamp.

gsimpson, Feb 28, 5:43pm
Multiple apararently unrelated warning lights can be caused by a battery on the way out or poor connection to the battery at the terminals.