I was driving when I heard .

trader_84, Mar 27, 7:45am
this knocking sound. Like something had come loose/fallen off and was wrapping itself around the driveshaft sorta noise. I slowed down but couldn't pull over without it being dangerous ie. skinny rural road with next to no shoulder but with fast traffic. It stopped after a minute and I limped home. I put the car up on the hoist to have a look and could find nothing obvious except for a braided wire fitted with a female spade connection that seemed to come from the petrol filler. This wire was long enough to touch the tire which got me thinking that that terminal must have been attached to something and it had dropped off! The wire was just hanging there. The filler is mounted above the right rear tire/wheel. The vehicle is a 5.7 VT Commodore and I am unsure if this ie related or not . but the engine light came on I noticed. Did something drop off this piggy Holden!

outbidyou2, Mar 27, 7:50am
Mother in law trapped in boot. Park car in garage and close the door.

trader_84, Mar 27, 9:26pm
Hah - I found where/what it was attached to. it is an earth . there must be a piece up by the inlet funnel that needs earthing to the chassis or something. I recconected it and note that the engine light does not come on anymore. Anyway .

pzkpfw, Mar 27, 11:12pm
Something that stops static electricity sparks near the fuel filler!

skull, Mar 28, 3:55am
I would say this ^^^^ is on the money.

rob_man, Mar 28, 4:06am
Me too, they have a plastic tank from memory.