Best small car for lady

Page 1 / 2
serious6, Mar 24, 5:02am
My daughter has$11,000to spend on a small car.she has had a Suzuki swift and would like a change.
She is looking at Toyota Tiida, 2005 and Toyota Runx as there seem to be a lot of these for sale.
We would love your comments and advice.

grangies, Mar 24, 5:05am
Tiida is a Nissan.

grangies, Mar 24, 5:09am
Also. I reckon the Runx/Corolla is a lot better built. Right down to the last nut and bolt.

Better paint job, better seam sealant, basic but sturdier interior finish. etc etc.

flashgordon_nz, Mar 24, 5:14am
mazda versia could be worth a look too!

aoc1, Mar 24, 5:18am
Nissan Note

woody1946, Mar 24, 5:21am
Keep the Suzuki Swift

msigg, Mar 24, 5:31am
corolla, nissan pulsar, tiida, mazdo 2,vw golftake some for a test drive.

grangies, Mar 24, 5:42am
Good point!

For $11,000 the other options will be nothing amazing.

serious6, Mar 24, 6:10am
she doesn't like her swift as it has been factory lowered and she's sick of watching every bump she goes over.Also has a noisy exhaust (tip), so she just wants to swap it for something a little more 'normal'

bwg11, Mar 24, 6:16am
Raise the Swift and redo the exhaust. Shoudn't cost too much. $500! Someone propably would love to buy the factory shortened springs.

curlcrown, Mar 24, 6:25am
As far as small cars go you won't get much better than a swift for 11 grand in my opinion, unless you find a nice nz new Mazda 3. As suggested above spend the money on the swift if those are the only two reasons for wanting to get rid of it.

gs1220, Mar 24, 9:50am
Citroens are edging towards "normal" and are designed to get over bumps pretty well. They also have a bit of style. Your daughter would possibly have a good amount of change from her $11000 as well.

cronge, Mar 24, 8:43pm
Suzuki Swift, Mitsubishi Mirage or Mazda2

intrade, Mar 24, 8:45pm
i would keep the swift nothing better unless you import your self a dacia sandero from the uk the 1.2 plenty power and as economical as 1990s small diesel on fuel.

http://www.dacia.co.uk/vehicles/sandero/explore/ itsunder 1 ton emptyeuro 5 emissionwe have the previous model of that and it does 5.8 liter to 6.1 per 100km http://www.dacia.co.uk/vehicles/sandero/prices-and-specifications/

kazbanz, Mar 24, 9:04pm
Hang on serious6-I don't want to seem a TM nazi but in one breath you say your daughter has $11000 to spendthen later you say she wants to swap her car for another car. Which is it!
If in fact she's thinking to go into a dealer and swap her car for another thenMy suggestion would be to drive a factory set up swift and see how she likes it. If she does then its worth investing the money in factory suspension and a factory muffler.
Reality is that car dealers arn't going to swap her car for a car of the same value.She's going to end up with a car worth (most likely) around $3000 less than her suzuki cost her and $2000 less than its currently worth

petal_91, Mar 24, 9:13pm
It might be worth looking at Euros too. The Fiat Grande Punto is a very good sub compact car for the money.

afer_daily, Mar 25, 10:40pm
chrysler 300c !

shorebee, Mar 26, 12:11am
ford focus

boeingb17, Mar 26, 12:39am
holden commodore v8

serf407, Mar 26, 12:53am
Even Monster has defected to Toyota.
http://www.monster-sport.com/super86/ http://www.speedhunters.com/tag/monstertajima/

-------------------------------
-------------------------------
------
1)Put a sump guard on the Swift.only.or
2)New standard height springs and shock absorbers on the 4 corners.
3) New Tyres maybe with higher profile
4)Speedo - recalibrate

kazbanz, Mar 26, 1:00am
no response from OP

wasser61, Mar 26, 10:06am
Friends had one in Europe, they have typical Renault quality (bad) and and have never even managed to get close to the recommended fuel consumption.
They owned the car for only 7 months decided to cut their losses and traded it in on a Fiat Panda.
Overall they are below average.

haventrader, Mar 26, 6:30pm
Mazda Verisa. Cannot beat it for style and reliability. Goes well, and great on fuel. Solid small car that is well built.

annrob, Mar 30, 1:41am
I just bought a toyota runx/ allex and am very happy with it. It was about 11k, and is amazing,

fordcrzy, Mar 31, 2:11am
why not just buy some normal wheels or suspension for it and save your cash! seems crazy to change cars because you dont like the suspension or wheels.