How to do the pump timing on nissan cd20 diesel.

gtoracer, Mar 20, 5:57am
i have nissan bluebird diesel that had a blown head gasket, i changed the head gesket and got new cambelt for engine and injectorpump. after putting it all together i cant seem to get it to start. i think i got the timing on the pump worng. how do i get the fixed.

mugenb20b, Mar 20, 6:10am
x1
Have you had the pump off the engine!

gtoracer, Mar 20, 6:31am
x1
yes i have, i had to take it out to remove the head. the car use to go before taking it apart. but now its not firing. its turning over but not starting

llortmt, Mar 20, 6:53am
x3
So you think you got the cam timing belt set up correctly but not the injector pump belt on the other end of the head/cam!
The pump pulleys don't always have marks to line up (on cover or block/head etc) as such and rely on you using belts with marks/lines that line up with marks on the pulleys themselves.
If you have no marks (other that the ones on the pulleys) You can make your own twink marks on the belt; I think they should be 23 or 36 teeth apart (but think might be wrong so check) Put it on TDC and line the marks up moving the pump to suit. If you buy a genuine or Gates belt it will have marks on it. Best of luck.

gtoracer, Mar 20, 6:56am
yeah i got the timing belt right but i dont know if i got the pump timing worng or not cause i dont know whats causing it not to start

bill-robinson, Mar 20, 7:02am
do the injectors need bleeding! just a thought

llortmt, Mar 20, 7:04am
x1
Ok check your pump timing as above, then if ok crack each injector nut off with an assistant cranking the engine. Once diesel is pissing out, do it up and move onto the next injector, once you have bled all the air it will start.
oh and I'll say it first use flashlube or wyns edit soonest :-)

llortmt, Mar 20, 7:04am
Beat me to it!

gtoracer, Mar 20, 7:05am
im not too sure what it is i tried pumping the air from the filter using the pump on the engine bay

llortmt, Mar 21, 7:01am
I'm sure you have, now try my technique after you have checked the pump timing.

guest, Dec 14, 4:27pm
dfsgafdg

guest, Nov 5, 2:13am
I try to fine figure order. of cd20