New mustang - sure are ugly

tgray, Aug 31, 8:10am
Cont. After the Camaro's release in 2010, GM listened to the critics and acted accordingly to address the issues.
Front suspension too soft, poor rear vision, deep dish steering wheel, switch placement etc.
In 2012 they improved the front shocks, changed the dash and wheel, added a reverse camera and put the door lock switch on the drivers side (was only in the centre of the dash of 2010 -2011 models).
In 2014, another facelift, which I do not care for personally - I think the grill was narrowed down too much and don't like the rear tail lights.
Yes, they are not perfect (still too heavy) but for 2016 there is a whole new one coming out on a new platform and much lighter and many other improvements.
Hey, they are not for everyone, but that is part of the appeal.

mustangsally2, Aug 31, 8:12am
Can't beat a red 1967 Hardtop.

tgray, Aug 31, 8:16am
I don't think thousands of owners do hat it.
The windscreen is a little narrower than a Mustang, but that is what gives it that shape. You call it hideous, I call it beautiful.
Be a pretty boring world if we all had the same tastes.

lookoutas, Aug 31, 9:39am
Good to be different than the other hombre ain't it!

Edit:- So when GM listen, it's right. But when Ford listened, they were wrong.

tgray, Aug 31, 7:39pm
Don't be silly. No one said that!
I have never driven the new Mustang, but I am sure it's a fine car and will be a runaway success. Just doesn't appeal to me.

3tomany, Aug 31, 9:05pm
u do i am sure realise the 2016 Camaro looks just like a mustang that hit the back of a bus.

tgray, Aug 31, 9:20pm
I was disappointed with the 'all new' 2016 Camaro.
I don't think it looks like a Mustang but do think it looks way too much like the outgoing Camaro. Just looks like a facelift to me.

3tomany, Aug 31, 10:34pm
Side view, bonnet and roof are almost identical I guess the wind tunnel is to blame. The major difference is the front look and rear tail lights chevy probably looks a bit more old school on modern car or retro if you like, but I suppose mustang is trying to look more worldly, a big risk for ford but so far so good.

mals69, Sep 1, 5:22am
US V8 be too many cubes for you - stick with ya rav4

twinsonic, Sep 1, 8:02pm
As a Kiwi living in Canada I live my drivers dream. cheap cars! The Mustang V6 3.7l model cost CAD$24'068, the GT $33'867. but I must admit, it looks ugly. Prefer the Camaro or the Challenger, $30'835 and $31'790

mimik3, Sep 2, 2:13am
According to Car and driver the Camaro only outsold the Mustang in 2010, 2011 and 2013.
http://blog.caranddriver.com/warning-graphic-content-50-years-of-camaro-vs-mustang-sales-numbers-in-living-color/

tgray, Sep 2, 3:18am
90,310 year 2012 Camaro's were built. (Camaro5 website)
88064 year 2012 Mustangs were built. (Mustang attitude website)
Sold? motorauthority.com says
84391 Camaros were sold in 2012 compared to 82995 Mustangs.
Total sales figures.

3tomany, Sep 2, 9:03am
2016 is the year maybe even 2017 as the freshest car should win when it is always close so a true comparison may not be until 2017 when both have a settled with a full year without a new model to liven things up. All things being equal Camaro should take 2016

tgray, Sep 2, 10:02am
For 2016 the Camaro gets the Corvette engine and the new platform.
I want one.

tub4, Sep 2, 7:00pm
This tread looks abit like those Commodore/Falcon pissing wars.
GM guys won't have anyone think Ford could make a better car & the same can be said the other way around.
Just on looks alone I'd take the new Mustang over the Camaro but given the choice I'd be driving an all new F150 pickup

3tomany, Sep 2, 9:31pm
I want a F150 to lol. I do miss the falcon commode pissing war it was fun like paint ball battle except the only thing you get on ya face is egg.

tamarillo, Sep 10, 5:22am
400 orders in already. not bad for a 2 door coupe surely?

tgray, Sep 10, 5:46am
Interesting that Australia has 3000 orders and the UK with 3 times the population only has 2000.

tamarillo, Jul 13, 5:36pm
Guess it fits with size and style of car they're used to. Mustang would look silly in UK but great in Aussie.