2008 suzuki jimney 5 speed manual

sportster883, Jan 1, 9:41pm
Im thinking of buying one, any known problems issues cheers

bwg11, Jan 1, 9:45pm
Small, cramped driving position, noisy, good around town, horrible on the open road, fantastic off-road. Economical and reliable.

aj254, Jan 1, 10:19pm
Very basic design, even the new jx jimny doesn't air con or central locking. I've heard of a few gearbox failures, but mostly from farmers who are towing god knows what. Overall reliable though. A 140 or sierra spec of that age should have abs brakes and 2 airbags. They move along ok but if you need to go anywhere fast you need to wind them out a bit which kills the fuel economy. The run on 95 octane petrol. On road they kinda bobble around a bit due to the short wheelbase and narrow track. Off road they're really good but would benifit hugely from slightly larger tyres and either a lsd or locker for the rear diff. Take one for a drive, if you like it and it suits your needs there's no real reason to avoid them.
Oh, and there's hepas of aftermarket parts and acessories to turn them into offroad beasts!

elect70, Jan 2, 2:26am
Geez i had a 1980 413 that had been around the clock twice & gear /transfer box engine were still ok just a bit noisy . . Go anywhere even places big heavy 4x4 s couldnt go , ran on smell of an oily rag & really reliable . New ones are more of an SUV with all the usual extra gear

aj254, Jan 2, 3:58am
Well my one had space for 10 times the kms as yours! As most vehicles go the haven't changed much, rumour has it the main chassis rails haven't changed.
The jx still has vynal floor, no aircon, manual windows if thats what does it for ya!

countrypete, Jan 2, 6:40am
There are no known issues or common problems with these.

harrym7, Jan 7, 5:32am
Actually there is and quite a major one known as the 'wobble' usually caused by worn parts in the front suspension/hubs which shows itself as a shaking through the steering wheel, google it for more info.

slarty45, Mar 12, 1:15am
Easy fix by changing king pin shim
Was going to get mine done under warranty but the minor steering wheel shake at 73 kph was too infrequent to bother.
Only felt it on one road surface change if speed right and could not repeat every time.