Ford 460 bbf

hfc2, Dec 16, 7:51am
hi all got bbf 460 would not run on pump gas , planed head warmed up cam etc plus full 3 inch exhaust and edelbbock performer intake manifold, have a cfm 720 ( I think holly ) next for horse power ? thanks all.

extrayda, Dec 16, 8:09am
Just the one planed head? ;-)
Why doesn't it run on pump gas?
Power completely depends on a variety of things you haven't specified.
What heads are they? Are they the factory heads with a clean up or something better?
What is the I/E duration and lift of the cam @.50?
What is the compression?
Performer or Air Gap?
Roller rockers or standard (and what ratio?)?
Rev limit on the engine?

They are fun motors (I had one +30, edelbrock performer intake, headers. twin 2 3/4 exhaust, mild cam, standard heads). Went ok, heaps of torque, ate tyres, grunt in any gear. Wasn't a big HP or high revving motor though.

extrayda, Dec 16, 8:12am
If it's going into a Falcon then get some decent tyres and suspension. Mine was a fan of trying to go straight when I was trying to turn hard (e.g. round a roundabout). Also how it drives will depend on torque converter stall and final diff ratio (assuming auto).

esky-tastic, Dec 16, 8:20am
What year is it?

Early (pre-72 ones) had relativley high compression but should still run OK on 95 - just don't put too much timing advance into it, try 6 degrerd for a start.

elenor, Jun 5, 1:18am
street engine your carb is to large in the jets ; for fun they love a shot of nos it wakes them up , ran 9.7 1/4 mile in the f100