Question on new plywood trailer deck

kaconda, Feb 17, 4:20am
I have bought a 1200 x 2400 18mm H3 plywood sheet to replace my old rotting deck. Do I need to further treat the sheet to improve durability prior to installing? It is kept outside in the weather. cheers.

40wav, Feb 17, 4:24am
I did the same on mine about 5 years ago and didn't do anything to the wood. I leave it outside, get firewood, and have greenwaste sitting on there for longer than I should and the ply is still fine. I see it as a 'consumable' as part of owning a trailer, but it does last surprisingly long.

gunhand, Feb 17, 4:24am
Ive only replaced my plywood deck once in 30 years. And mine lives outside and can have wet crap on it for weeks.

kazbanz, Feb 17, 5:12am
The plywood being H3 will be fine. BUT whilst you have the deck out I'd be cleaning up and repainting the supporting structure if needs be

stevo2, Feb 17, 5:59am
Ideally you should buy a roll of supercoarse from Mega10 or wherever (about $15 for 20mt) and put a layer between the steel and the tanalised ply.
The acids in the tanalising will eat into the steel over time

budgel, Feb 17, 8:17am
It is always a good idea to seal the edges of ply as it may delaminate even if it doesnt rot being H3. A coat of paint isnt a bad idea either.

mrcat1, Feb 17, 9:00am
Give it a dose of creosote or waste oil to help it last longer.

serf407, Jun 12, 5:56pm
Drill holes in the front or leave a gap in the front so water does not pool in areas.