Carb cleaner in motorbike?

piperguy, Jul 19, 6:51am
Hi all.

I have a 600cc Kawasaki that was used very infrequently for a long time but recently have started using it to commute. Doesn't run quite as well as it should which I know I should get a tune up done to fix, but in the mean time, assuming the old fuel that was sitting in the carbs for all that time has left deposits and gummed it up somewhat, I was wondering as to the advisability of running some carb cleaner through it, like the stuff you put in a car. Am I going to have any issues doing that? Will it kill the bike?

intrade, Jul 19, 7:11am
carb cleaner is to clean the intake throttle , that is a spray not to be added to the fuel.
the best fuelconditioner is made by würth whom goes in the petrol and would work on a bike if the cause is gummed up internals on the carburettor. you dont put the whole bottle in as a bike has a smaller tank adding it acording to the instructions on the label is what to do.

m16d, Jul 19, 7:14am
If it's got blocked idle jets, you'll hafta pull them out and clear them.

piperguy, Jan 25, 1:02am
I was thinking of adding just part of the bottle, tank is 12 litres so about 1/4 of the bottle per fill I guess. And yeah to clarify I meant the shit you add to your tank of gas when you fill er up