Ford Festiva

taureanbabe, Mar 18, 2:48am
What is this model of car like? are they expensive to repair, etc.

tamarillo, Mar 18, 3:22am
What year are you looking at, they changed completely in 96. None are made or designed by ford.
First ones were based on Mazda 121, at some stage they were also sold as Kia as Kia made them for ford using Mazda design.
96 on was, I think, a rebadged Mazda Demio.
All are simple cars which will be cheap to repair as nothing strange or exotic.
Dynamically pretty awful, and I wouldn't want to be in one in a crash.

taureanbabe, Mar 18, 3:47am
I think it's a 1998 model. advertised for $2000

robinm1, Mar 18, 4:04am
great little cars, we have had 2 in the family, an early one (1990) which a family friend bought off my dad a couple of years ago, still going great, and our oldest daughter has got a '96 model now, very cheap to run and easy to service. as my ol dad used to say about his old 1990 one, it gets about 3 weeks to the gallon.

tamarillo, Mar 18, 5:35am
If it's 98 I can be either a Kia built older Mazda design as sold in theUS AND NZ, or I it is rebadged Mazda Demio from jap market. Does it look the same as Demio pics on trademe.
The Demio rebadged jap import is probably the better design, and better made. Suggest they knew japs wouldn't touch a Korean built old design so rebadged the newer Demio instead. Ford owned Mazda then, but had Kia build them cheap for them.
Both designs seem to be available around that year.

taureanbabe, Mar 18, 7:42pm
Yep, that's the one. My dad used to be the one to check our cars out, unfortunately he is a bit past it now. So don't really know anyone to check it out. thanks

tamarillo, Mar 18, 7:48pm
It's nz new which is good so check carjam to see if speedo readings have been consistent (no drops) and service book to see servicing. You also have a good idea about the life it's been living which is good too.
Could always get AA check.

taureanbabe, Apr 24, 11:44pm
Thanks Tamarillo :-)