How common is 1994 svo falcon waggon

sclarke13, Jan 2, 8:22pm
just wondering if anyone can tell me how common it is to see the 1994 falcon waggon thats are svo model with the logo and red trim.ive looked on trade me and none to be found,ive google to with no luck.cheers

ntalke, Jan 2, 11:32pm

franc123, Jan 2, 11:40pm
The ones sold here IIRC were modified locally by one of the Auckland dealerships, whether this was done inhouse from parts sourced themselves or from a complete SVO kit supplied from Australia I don't know. They were available at various times throughout the E series run. Rare? Too right they are.

sclarke13, Jan 2, 11:46pm
ok ty id post r pic but you can take my word for it. white waggon with the full svo logos on both sides,red-black,runs mint drives mint,aircon,power eco button,roh mags,king springs in front,never abused,no dings ect. will list it for sale this week. was looking to see what to ask for t. one of the most beuterful waggons ive ever driven on open rd,get r lot of looks

robotnik, Jan 2, 11:59pm
Well with no more Aussie V8s soon, those can only go up in value. Probably a $100K in 20 years.

nightboss, Jan 3, 12:00am
S.A.M. Ford (South Auckland Motors) used to have quite of this sort in their new car line up, from mid 1980's on.

differentthings, Jan 3, 12:03am
Are you sure someone hasn't just put some SVO stickers on it?.

ntalke, Jan 3, 12:09am
There was no special Vin Plates for the SVO's so could be a few fakes around
Good info here
http://www.fordmods.com/ford-4l-and-6-cylinder-f1/i-am-after-svo-pictures-and-specs-t50938.html

franc123, Jan 3, 12:29am
So very much a mix and match selection of upgrades and not a complete package as such. Is this (presumably ED) wagon a 4 or 5 litre engined one? I was well aware that an EA SVO was available in NZ but of course there were no factory V8 EA's, an EB1 onwards version could well have been offered as a V8.

sclarke13, Jan 3, 12:50am
this 1 is 4ltr. 6 cyclinder with the extractors.has factory ford towbar with emblem,all aircon ect factory with emblem,the red striping around whole waggon is old as hence i belive it not to be r fake. so wish i could post r pic. but for those who would love to see it. its on the dirty south cars for sale site on facebook. please let me know what u think. and what you think its worth. i would love to keep but due to my partner having r breakdown,and not working like me cash is needed. but worth r look yup.thanks for your comments. positive to with no ear bashing cheers

sclarke13, Jan 3, 12:51am
just saw the pic that ntalke posted site-yes same motor

sclarke13, Jan 3, 1:14am
ok ive had others saying its fake. is ther r way to tell genuine for fake. big diff between genuine and shitter falcon. ty

differentthings, Jan 3, 4:55am
Quite often car makers would throw together a car of bits and pieces that they have laying around and call it by a fancy name. Pretty sure AC is standard anyway. Been a SVO shouldn't it be a least a V8.

ntalke, Jan 3, 5:19am
Looks like Ghia's,S Packs Fairlanes and utes were officially done but could be others done by Dealers

Trouble selling a vehicle is having absolute proof it's a SVO for the buyer

What's on the Rego sticker or on Carjam?,if it was sold new here as a SVO it maybe be listed on the Rego sticker

franc123, Jan 3, 5:29am
That would depend on what the base vehicle was, Fairmont Ghia upwards would have climate control but an S pack or ute would not have AC unless it was ordered that way or it was a dealer fitted accessory.

bwg11, Jan 3, 5:53am
My understanding is that SVO (standing for Special Vehicle Operations) were not factory vehicles but was just a kit produced by Webb Brothers in Australia and added to Falcons and Fairmonts by Lyon Ford Takapuna and was available through all Ford dealers.

SVO body styling and handling kit features different front grille with SVO square badge in the centre. Rear spoiler fitted to boot lid, two-tone backed body colour scheme. Alloy wheels, SVO badge on front fenders. Interior features Momo steering wheel, leather gear knob and SVO badge on dash.Different performance oriented dampers, spring rates and stabiliser bars.Performance kit features free breathing exhaust system, revised advance curve and 3.23 diff ratio.

The kit was introduced in June 1989, and added $9k to base Falcon and Fairmont prices. By 1991 all the SVO bits were available and priced separately. The SVO kit was discontinued in 1992.

whqqsh, Jan 3, 5:59am
Ford Forums has interesting stuff on this. heres a link to EF/EL prod numbers, my EL Fairmont V8 wagon is a bit of a rare one but not appreciated unfortunately
http://www.fordmods.com/ford-v8-f2/ef-el-v8-production-numbers-t13911.html
Search further in & other lists may come up

a.woodrow, Jan 3, 6:02am
Is it originally from down Invercargill way?

trogedon, Jan 3, 6:48am
Very rare with two 'g's.

rbd, Jan 3, 7:29am
FORD SVO

Found On Rangi's Drive, Stolen Vehicle Obviously.

jmma, Jan 3, 7:50am
Could have been Richard's Drive aye

crankypants69, Jan 3, 7:56am
Nope, unless it's an XY, maybe an XA, B or C. don't want it in my driveway thanks

1joe, Jan 3, 9:02am
I had an eb2 wagon that had svo bits, extractors, ecu, bbs wheels, was slightly lower to

sclarke13, Mar 31, 12:09am
ok cheers all it is lowered on king springs in front,ill check out other bits tomorow ill call for with chasis no see once and for all if its r fake or real or what have u cheers