Model T Ford video's

gettinggrey, Nov 10, 8:34am
Thought some of you might enjoy this.

http://safeshare.tv/w/ShbgvwazCZ

sr2, Nov 10, 8:46am
Thanks for the link, a good friend had a Model T for a while. Driving it in Auckland traffic was one of the most terrifying things I've ever done in a car in my life!

gpg58, Nov 10, 8:59am
Here is one starting for first time in 60 years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1LesV4QhlM

kevymtnz, Nov 10, 9:17am
crackup at the end what car now can go over dirt tracks and drops like that
some 4x4 prob couldn't

yz490, Nov 11, 11:03pm
brilliant links thanks, love watching that stuff. Dad used to tell a story of someone localy i think that said i'll buy the first new car that can make it to my place. Lived in the sticks--through the mud & deep grooves as i recal. Model T made it lol--light weight & plenty of ground clearance. My first legal car was an old green wire wheeled Model A. 16 inch spokers by memory. Did a lock to locker down our metal road to impress my mates & left rear tyre got off the rim [bad or broken bead] think just the outer bead let go--then [true story] the tube escaped unscathed & jumped in the drain then expanded to many times it's compressed size. not sure who fished it out but it wasn't me lol. God that car gave me grief--every day, but just kept fixing it--as you did in those days.

gettinggrey, Nov 12, 5:57am
As a mechanic I worked at an Austin franchise (which later became NZMC).
The sales guys had a 'field day' to demonstrate the new Austin Gypsy (yes, OK, I know that's a few years ago now).
Anyway, on the day, it rained and the demonstration of the Gypsy was at the top of a small hill in a cockies paddock.
The Gypsy sat up there, and the only other vehicle to make it up there was a Model A Ford.
All the Land Rovers that were common then couldn't go where the Model A Ford (and Gypsy) could.

nzjay, Oct 25, 10:11am
40 or 50 years ago you couldn't even give a Model T away, but suddenly recently, they are enjoying quite a resurgence, mainly due to technology. Mounting the engine on rubber mounts, much better balancing etc. etc has transformed them into a pleasure to own and drive. Thousands and thousands were scrapped during the 2nd war for steel.