Late model Euro car options, values in NZ

Page 2 / 2
vtecintegra, Jan 21, 8:01am
It is still really hard to get a nicely specced E90 330i sedan or wagon in manual - they're either very basic models with the four or timebomb 335i coupes

poppy62, Jan 21, 8:05am
Better option with a ready market here would be a Mercedes G Wagon.

shorebee, Jan 21, 8:12am
insignia is saleproof over here but a seriously good drive and will prob be the next commodore, ive seen them here for 8 grand, a 508 is half what they were 2 years ago. what about an early G Wagon, people love them.

rovercitroen, Jan 21, 8:25am
That S8 was cheap but. ex UK, unknown service history - a proper cambelt job is at least $1.5k. I paid $7.3k for my Yr 2000 S8 late last year. FSH documented and 106,000kms, Cambelt, tensioners and water pump receipts done recently $$$.They are a helluva car for the money.

phillip.weston, Jan 21, 10:37am
I don't really want something 5-10+ years older as that's in the magical seen to be unreliable or rusty time period. Something late model so it passes emissions and safety standards, mainstream so it could be sold off easily, and that happens to be worth 2-3x more in NZ than it is in the UK. Probably not going to spend about £5-8k so that eliminates most the above recommended.

sport_billy, Jan 21, 5:38pm
Did this excercise - with a Navara ute due to the prices utes demand in this country!

kazbanz, Jan 21, 7:36pm
pw--do you still have that freight contact ?--freight will be about $2500

sport_billy, Jan 21, 8:30pm
Don't forget GST if you hadn't owned the vehicle for the specified amount of time overseas

tamarillo, Jul 12, 9:48am
Did you end up buying anything? Lots of good advice here. The price differences aren't as big as they used to be now, and generally a uk import is lower value.
5 series BMW doesn't hold well over a 3. 3 wagons are in demand especially nicely speced 320d. Same for c type merc.
Tvr cerbara , or whatever it's called, the softer one, seem cheap in uk but a few here have been very long time selling.
Vuaxhall never sold here and won't sell. No French cars hold value well here.
Morgan might work?