How much would it cost to paint?

trinoxy, Apr 27, 10:51pm
Hi, I have a rav 4, 4 door. The paint has oxidized on the bonnet and is starting on the roof. The paint is white metallic. I was wondering if anyone could tell me an estimate of how much this would cost to paint? Thanx.

grangies, Apr 27, 11:01pm
What is the colour code on your white metallic? You'll see it on your vehicles factory tag, either in the engine bay, or on the b pillar when you open either the left or right front door. The code will 3 letters or digits.

trinoxy, Apr 27, 11:12pm
Hi, I believe the code is 064, if that helps.

beno, Apr 27, 11:19pm
roof $400 bonnet $350, blends X2 80 each + GST from a good repair shop.

trinoxy, Apr 27, 11:21pm
O.k. than beno. :)

grangies, Apr 28, 12:17am
064 is White Crystal. Which is a 3 Layer Xirallic Pearl.

Which means the vehicle is painted in a straight white first, and then a transparent coat of xirallic pearl on top to give it the glittering effect in the sun. So it will attract a premium on top of a straight 2 layer paint job.

If I were you, I'd approach a reputable car sales yard like Millars Car Centre in West Auckland, and ask them to recommend a good paint shop, who will do a nice job for a fair price.

curlcrown, Apr 28, 5:45pm
White comes up surprisingly well with a decent cut and polish, I would try that first.

crpanelshop, Apr 28, 9:44pm
i would recommend waitakere collision, i personally know the painters there as i am a car painter too, they are fairly priced with a quick turn around. we are a resto shop so only deal with hotrods and customs :)

rovercitroen, Apr 29, 12:26am
I just had 3 quotes to repaint the roof on my Audi S8 as the clearcoat is peeling badly in places. Quotes varied from $400 to $1500 incl. GST. The dearest one reckoned all the windows need to come out to do a proper job, hence the price. The other two said that was unnecessary.

grangies, Apr 29, 12:39am
I'm guessing all models of Audi S8/A8 have no moulding on the cant rail where the roof is joined to the body. So for a proper job the rear qaurter panels need to be clear coated too, as there's nowhere up top to mask to.

No doubt the $1500 quote is a high end shop, that has one process that they stick to and wont budge.

I believe a good job can still be achieved with the windows in. But $400 seems too cheap, as the rear quarters do need to be clear coated too.

itsbutters, Feb 21, 5:58am
Leave it parked in town and hopefully someone will walk all over the roof and bonnet (cough cough) - insurance will take care of the rest