Car gps headunits

slacker8, Apr 30, 6:30am
Just thinking it's time to replace the double din headunit in our jap import and want to get a headunit with gps in it but am unsure what's a good breed of headunit that doesn't cost a arm or leg.
I don't want to have anything on windscreen, so that is why it has to have gps built in to the headunit.

So am open to people's recommendations.

Also it's a 2007 toyota blade.

tsjcf, Apr 30, 7:19am
http://www.oemaudio.co.nz/fit-my-car.aspx

first unit in the Toyota section.

slacker8, Apr 30, 7:31am
Yup already emailed them twice, but no reply so far. And i can't find a price on the blade headunit on their website.

motorboy2011, Apr 30, 7:55am
Plan on around $1200

daryl14, Apr 30, 8:57pm
Eww I would find the head unit too low down in a blade for it to be a functional gps. Consider a gps or smart phone mount on the windscreen. Maybe on the right if you dont like in the middle?

kazbanz, Apr 30, 9:25pm
slacker8- We had our alarm installer fit a really nice unit.into her verisa the company does two universal head units which are in essence really just one.Toyota and everything else jap.
Toyota is 20mm wider than other jap cars.
They replace the existing double din head unit.
They are NZ GPS.Radio,cd,bluetooth,dvd with usb and front aux in.
They are also reverse camera/front camera compatable and if you have wheel controls they get hooked up
please be aware though that as soon as you remove the factory head unit you will loose the direction indicators on the reverse camera. Those are built into the car and can't be replaced.

inkapuka, May 2, 10:22pm
I got quoted 1300 installed for my bk mazdaspeed axela but they not sure if everything will work because it's got the bose setup with 6 speakers amp and sub built in

slacker8, Feb 15, 12:14pm
Yeah seems gps headunits are expensive, just looking into a normal double din screen headunit that I can mirrorlink smartphone too, seems cheaper way to go. Has anyone tried one of the android headunits?