Station Wagon sugestions

yendor, Apr 29, 6:46am
May be looking at a change of Vehicle.
Suggestions. for small Station Wagons. Must be 5 star safety and pref a Manual Transmission option. Hatchback also okay.

ryanm2, Apr 29, 6:53am
I think you will be struggling to find a manual tranny in a modern 5 star rated car (not chinese 5 star rated either). There will be some, but not many, surely. Why a manual anyway? I would suggest a late model VW Golf Wagon.

thejazzpianoma, Apr 29, 6:55am
Can't really help at all without a budget and whether you are buying new or used?

If used there are a number of manual Skoda Octavia's around and they would fit the bill nicely. You may even find the Octavia hatch is to your liking as they are a pretty cavernous hatch.

sleuth, Apr 29, 6:59am
What price range.
What year range.
My recommendation is Toyota Fielder S.

yendor, Apr 29, 7:24am
2005 upwards. 8 - 10K.

brapbrap8, Apr 29, 7:33am
VW Golf or Passat would probably be the only thing that would meet that criteria.

zetec, Apr 29, 7:36am
Plenty of Mk 2 Ford Focus 1.8 diesel station wagons available, all manual transmission, up to 2011.

yendor, Apr 29, 7:44am
Opinions on Peugeot 307 Wagons?

thejazzpianoma, Apr 29, 7:47am
In manual very good, in auto unreliable and awful to live with. So ideal for you in manual, can be quite good value too.

tamarillo, Apr 29, 3:46pm
Does manual transmission OPTION mean a tiptronic is good, leave in auto or take control and do gears but no clutch? If so most things suit.
Tip tronic is best of both world for road car IMO.
Most direct style is a golf with dct which is manual but with electronic clutching. No slippage and full control if wanted. Only VW used it within price range I think, others only picked up dct later. Rest of VW family have used it but later so need to check. For instance Audi used a cvt box in a4 and Skoda a conventional auto until later.
Alfa had selespeed which again was manual but with no clutch but that's seriously troublesome.

poppy62, Apr 29, 9:21pm
Citroen C3 and C4 come in S/wagon and H/back form and arte also available in Manual transmission. Running gear is bullet proof on these.

jenifa, May 1, 9:26am
Honda accord euro wagon. I got a 2007 type s with 75k for $9500. Great buying with cruise control, half leather seats etc. Worth a look for your budget!

ericaandthomas, Feb 14, 1:08pm
Bumping old thread to say. We have a Peugeot 306 hatchback and we scream and grab our wallets whenever anything goes wrong with it. Every tiny thing seems to cost a fortune to fix, the parts have to be hunted up and imported from god knows where. I'm guessing that's normal for Euro cars?